need some help finding a mechanical counter

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a digital counter that is attached to a device that has a slim metal prong that acts to count revolutions every time it is depressed. I have a device that goes round and round with a small piece of wood to touch the metal prong and each time it touches the prong while going around it registers once count. I've had this switch for 13 years and is no longer functional. It says Cherry Electrical products on the back of the mechanical switch and the digital counter that it attaches to is a Red Lion Controls model cub 3. The Red Lion digital counter takes N cell batteries which I replaced thinking that was the problem, and it didn't revive this possibly circuit rusted product. This switch counter is totally mechanical and upon each revolution of the device that goes around, it depresses the mechanical switch which sends an electrical signal to the digital counter. When I put the new batteries in, I don't get a reading on the digital counter. I live not too far from the ocean and suspect that some amount of corrosion has set in. I don't know it the problem is with the switch or the counter, although I should get some reading from the counter itself regardless if the switch is functional. If a picture would help, I'm not sure how to post here but could email someone a pic could be kind enough to post it for me.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
If a picture would help, I'm not sure how to post here but could email someone a pic could be kind enough to post it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

keithhr,

Look at my sig. You'll find instructions on how to host and post pictures if you need to. The instructions I have heard are somewhat user friendly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I think Veeder-Root makes electromechanical and mechanical counters - but it's been many years since I had to install or use one. Maybe Red Lion Controls makes or sells the counters these days, but I honestly don't know.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually found, seemingly, the same counter I had been using. If it has black and white leads, I'm home free if the actuator that does the counting works.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luck is mine, I found the exact same digital totalizer(counter) and micro switch locally, thanks for the responses to this topic, this is a wonderfu place to be.