I have created a new EDC forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalbam

Newly Enlightened
Hello :)

Is there anyone interested in a new board about EDC (Everyday carry)?

I have created a forum about EDC and such but it doesn't have so much users so far (no one in English version!). All is free and nonprofit, of course.

It has two versions, English and Spanish. When users sign up, they can post in both languages (they are independent of each other).

I am looking specially for active users who would like to post content over there and participate. Any new user and any new post or new reply will be pretty welcome. It would be a nice idea to meet people together with same tastes.

In a future the forum will need moderators but now there is not too much to moderate, sincerely. Anyway if anyone of you is interested to become one of them, please just let me know.

The forum has a part about flashlight but it's not specialized on them. I have thought that it could be a good idea to share links between this forum and the new one since many people from here also like EDC stuff and people who like EDC also like flashlights. This way promoting one forum would benefit the another one too.

I am not posting the link to the forum because I don't want that anyone consider this as spam or something like that. I will only post it if a staff member of the forum allows it.

If this thread is not allowed please feel free to delete it. I am so sorry about it.

I would really love if you could reply this thread showing your interest, sharing your ideas, etc.

Thank you very much in advance and sorry about my English ;)

Cheers,
Joan

Greta

Flashaholic
jalbam... you probably won't have much luck with your forums or trying to gain support from the members here because... well... EDCForums already exists... and is about as popular in the EDC world as CPF is in the lighting world... sorry... :crazy:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
and many of us here in cfp go there too alot. many are just gadget holics and like beeing prepared.. lights i look here, other stuff i "need" i look at edcf.

. there really isnt too many edc sites yet, so you have good chances for it to prosper and grow. so i wish you good luck with it. i bet there is market for spanish edc forum. english ones there are some "big players" already to compete against.

jalbam

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for your replies :)

Hehehe yes, I know EDCForums, I am also a happy user of it and I like it so much :) I also like EDCCentral and Multi-tools.org, I really like all of them.

But what I would like with this new forums is to focus them more in Spanish language although also offer an English alternative to make it more international.

Of course you and anyone who wants are really welcome to join us there.

Thank you very much

jalbam

Newly Enlightened
Hi again! :)

In order to get more users and promote the forum, I am running a contest where people can win a totally new, boxed and free iTP A3 EOS Upgrade Edition (black auminium or stainless steel version) with 3 modes and Cree XP-E Q5.

Joining the contest it's free, you just need to be member of EDC Mania forums (not yet? sign up now for free!). To become a contestant you need to refer 10 people to the forum (25 for the stainless steel version) and that people have to write an introduction post to the forum.

Here you can read more about it: http://edcmania.com/forum/Thread-Fr...inium-or-SS-3-modes-flashlight?pid=617#pid617

I hope you like the idea! :D

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Joan

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
Jalbam, please consider that had any new member posted such a thread, we would have closed it (and removed it) as spam; particularly if they kept adding such promotional posts to it. Your length of membership has been the only determining factor that has kept this thread here.

We wish you all the best, and success, in your new forum. However, if we permit this to continue, we'd be hard pressed not to allow all the other forums to advertise their boards here too. Let's regard the existence of this thread, although closed, to be sufficient in announcing your new forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.