Lights with camping defusers/candle convertion

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Is there any other lights that have defuser/lanterns like the Fenix LD10-20/PD20-30 camping lantern or that convert to candles like Mag-lites

importculture

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea if you can still get it but the jet beam jetII IBS is by far one of the greatest converting lights made. It not only focuses but with the head removed it provides an incredible amout of light over nearly a full 180degree spread. The only caveat is it didn't come with a lockout tail cap. I resolved that issue with the next iteration of the light which did come with a lockout tail cap. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but lights that provide that feature and are still great lights are few and far between. My 4sevens lights are all equipped with fenix tip up diffusors that do a very admirable job.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may already know this, but the Fenix "difuser tip" (cone,) "AD401 difuser lens", and "camping lampshade" can be used on quarks. I had to sand down the inside of the "difuser tip" a little to get it to fit well, but it fits. The other two fit the quarks without modification.

KenAnderson

Enlightened
I bought a package of white plastic chair leg protectors in 3/4", 7/8" and 1" and now have candle/lamp options for all my lights. Total cost just over $5 for 12 pieces. They work great.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
THe Xeno E03 is excellent. On low it will run all night. Make sure to get the diffuser. Kd also sells a diffuser that fits.

Kingdomseeder

Newly Enlightened
The fenix light is a great light and the diffuser/candle works great. Not only does it work on quarks but also fits my neutron 1c. I am loving the fact that I have three different lights the fenix lantern will work with

indychris

Newly Enlightened
So has anyone come across a lantern attachment for the ET T20C2 MKII? I've got the diffuser, but would like a lantern SO much more! :twothumbs

Tommygun45

Enlightened
I have one of these. Fits the end of any Surefire 6p, c2, c3 z2 6px etc lights. Works well enough and lights up the area. Even better if you have a lanyard to hang it or a delrin shroud or a flat tailcap like a Z49 or the MD2 tailcap from Malkoff.

Lantern.jpg

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
You may already know this, but the Fenix "difuser tip" (cone,) "AD401 difuser lens", and "camping lampshade" can be used on quarks. I had to sand down the inside of the "difuser tip" a little to get it to fit well, but it fits. The other two fit the quarks without modification.
No I didn't! I will be getting a Quark 1232 tactical

I bought a package of white plastic chair leg protectors in 3/4", 7/8" and 1" and now have candle/lamp options for all my lights. Total cost just over $5 for 12 pieces. They work great.
Good idea! :thumbsup: