How do you run your 6p or 9p?

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking that in my cobbled together 9p (6p +a19) I will run mainly the p91. If i just need the 6p, I will then probably only use the p60 and not bother getting the p61. For around the house and yard I think that these combos will suffice. Does anyone use anything other than these lamps? Why?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bushman..Being frugal, I use a P90 in my "cobbled together" 9P instead of the P91. I do use a P60 in my 6P.

I try to get the most mileage out of my lamps since I only use them for personal, not professional, purposes.

Marty

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P90 will give you the about the same number of lumens as the P61, but will run for an hour on 3 cells. That would be a good option also.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike:

I keep a P60 in one 6P and a P61 in a 3P extended with an A19. The P61 in 6P is reserved for car emergencies.

I use the more cost effective P90 with a 9P.

I use another 9P extended with a pair of A19's and loaded with 4 @ 2000 mAh 4/5 A Panasonic NiMHs to run P61's for extended run times. Say the word and I'll send you 4 of these cells with your WA 01111 bulb shipment. (Did you ever get a universal AAA, AA, A, sub C, C, D and 9V charger like the Vanson BC-1HU that can also charge these 4/5 A cells?)

It's nice to note that relatively spent 123's that drive a P60 very dimly drive my KL3 nicely.

Rifter

Enlightened
In my SF i always run the brightest lamp possible, because they dont get much runtime anyways, if i need light for a long time i use one of my LED lights, they have much longer run times.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marty:

The P90/91 are designed for 3 @ 3V 123 cells totaling 9 Volts.

Brock reports that the 1.1 A P90 drops voltage to 7.35 V and the 2.3 A P 91 drops voltage to 6.25 v.

I imagine you would blow either your P90 or P91 bulbs with 4@ 123 cells.

I have driven a P91 with a 9P extended with 5 A19's and loaded with 6 4/5 A rechargeable NiMhs and a 14mm dummy spacer. It works well but is awkwardly long and unwieldy. I'm much happier with the P61, 2 A19's and 4 @ 4/5 A cells.

I will next week get back several 6 * D cell packs from a hobby shop that fit the form factor of a 6V lantern battery. I am modifying a couple of Big Beam #166 compact hand lanterns with this battery pack. I'm removing the sealed beam lamp and removablyt rewiring a 3P body connected with a Tamaya conncetor where the big sealed beam lamp originally sat. In this configuration I can run P91's in xP bezels or an N2 in one of my Turboheads. This setup will also have a S-based Welch Allyn bulb socket mounting position that will accept either a Carley reflector assembled with a W/A T-2 1/4 bulb or Carley T-2 1/2 bulb or, alternatively plug in either a SL-35X or Tigerlight L/A.

I'm also preparing a couple of 8C cell packs that will fit in another Big Beam Mod. They will allow me to run a Turbohead on my other 3P body similarly wired. I will alternately run either my 350 Lumen MN61 or one of my 500 Lumen N62's in this setup.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow I almost forgot about this thread that I started... I just got the a19 and p91 from Dan at Tactical warehouse. Yoohoo! that is a pretty mean combo! Lemlux. I will talk to you in a bit via email