Jet 3 xm-L or PC25 xm-L

molon_labe

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at these two lights and wondered which one is a better light. Any news about an RRT-2 XM-L Inf V?

Last edited:

Craig K

Enlightened
Re: Jet 2 xm-L or PC25 xm-L

I also would like to know the answer to this.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've always liked the Jet III-M. You have the flexibility of infinite brightness with the heal loosened, full belt with it tightened. Twisting the head takes two hands, though. There's a buried menu as well that has adjustable frequency strobe, SOS and beacon modes.

For single handed operation, the PC25 looks very good, but you only(!) get 4 brightness settings, and strobe.

Depends on your needs, I guess :) If you need a very low low, the Jet III-M will be the better choice.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

mvyrmnd was spot on with his post.

I got my Jet III-M XM-L today.

It's a great light the beam is similar to my PC25. The PC25 has a little warmer tint than the Jet. As with both XM-L lights they are more on the floody side than throw. But the Jet throws better than the PC25 it lights up my back fence a little better than the PC25 with the brighter hot spot. It's still not a thrower like my Jet III-M R2 with the smooth reflector.

Now which one do I prefer ?
The Jet III-M by a mile is my chose it just has to many cool setting that you can change to meet any of your needs.

I prefer the beam pattern of the Jet on high over the PC25 and the extra 50 lm is noticeable. The option to change the settings in the second mode is just great. You can set from a very very low setting all the way up to high. It ramps up slowly and you just push the button in when it's at a brightness you like. There is also a lot of special functions you can choose. You have a strobe that you can set from 1HZ to 15HZ. You also have a warning signal, stanby signal, 100% SOS signal or a 5% SOS signal.

The Jet III-M build quality is better than the PC25 typical JETBeam high quality as in the RRT range.

I am a big fan of the side switch on the PC25 with the access to the 4 levels it's great but
get the Jet III-M XM-L you will love it.

Hope this helps you a little.
cheers

Craig K

Enlightened

Thanks for that info on the Jet III-M XM-L Rat, just one thing mate does the Australian dealer that you buy your JetBeams from have a Website where you can buy from them online?

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for that info on the Jet III-M XM-L Rat, just one thing mate does the Australian dealer that you buy your JetBeams from have a Website where you can buy from them online?

Yes that's how I found them online plus they are the cheapest I have found. www.Newpro-tech.com.au or www.Jet-beam.com.au same place. I also purchased both crenulated stainless steel bezels the big teeth one and the normal one with a tub of jetbeam silicone grease & a holster. I just clicked on their site then to check the name of the bezel but there accessories page is down. I know they said they are in the middle of building a new website not sure if that is the problem.

Here is a pic of my NEW JET III-M with the optional extra bezels. I like the look of the Jet with the crenulated stainless steel bezel over the flat stock one. The big teeth one would do some serious damage.

I say it all the time but this is my new favorite Jetbeam. I was pretty impressed by the PC25 but the Jet III-M XM-L is a much better light.

JetIII-M.jpg

molon_labe

Newly Enlightened

Thanks

mvyrmnd was spot on with his post.

I got my Jet III-M XM-L today.

It's a great light the beam is similar to my PC25. The PC25 has a little warmer tint than the Jet. As with both XM-L lights they are more on the floody side than throw. But the Jet throws better than the PC25 it lights up my back fence a little better than the PC25 with the brighter hot spot. It's still not a thrower like my Jet III-M R2 with the smooth reflector.

Now which one do I prefer ?
The Jet III-M by a mile is my chose it just has to many cool setting that you can change to meet any of your needs.

I prefer the beam pattern of the Jet on high over the PC25 and the extra 50 lm is noticeable. The option to change the settings in the second mode is just great. You can set from a very very low setting all the way up to high. It ramps up slowly and you just push the button in when it's at a brightness you like. There is also a lot of special functions you can choose. You have a strobe that you can set from 1HZ to 15HZ. You also have a warning signal, stanby signal, 100% SOS signal or a 5% SOS signal.

The Jet III-M build quality is better than the PC25 typical JETBeam high quality as in the RRT range.

I am a big fan of the side switch on the PC25 with the access to the 4 levels it's great but
get the Jet III-M XM-L you will love it.

Hope this helps you a little.
cheers

toonie

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking into purchasing the Jet III M plus a bunch of accessories as well. Being completely new to this, I noticed that one of the accessories is the bezel remover:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/blackforce_2160_25461907

Is that something I need to replace the base bezel with the crenulated bezel? Does anyone know how well the light with the crenulated bezel will fit into the holster?

Hotlinked image replaced with link.
Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Jetbeam III M XML a few days ago from Bugout Gear USA, and this is great!!!! Very noticeable brightness gain over the R5 model with a larger and brighter hotspot. The spill is also brighter. As mentioned already you have full range of brightness adjustment form a user friendly interface control.
Buy the Jetbeam III M XML...You will be happy you did!!!!!

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking into purchasing the Jet III M plus a bunch of accessories as well. Being completely new to this, I noticed that one of the accessories is the bezel remover:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/blackforce_2160_25461907

Is that something I need to replace the base bezel with the crenulated bezel? Does anyone know how well the light with the crenulated bezel will fit into the holster?

Hotlinked image replaced with link.
Norm

Hi Toonie
The Jet with the big bezel will still fit in the holster fine and I did not buy the removal tool as the original flat bezel came off easy.

cheers

spc smith

Enlightened
is it me or did changing out the stock op reflector for a smooth reflector (from bugoutgearusa) make the throw that much better . Seriously this smooth reflector increased thre throw quite a bit! i highly recommend fellow jetbeamers and cpf'ers* IN REFERENCE TO JETBEAM 3M XML. But for now my appetite for another light is in the running. i am shipping JB home to wifey with OC spray as a means for self defense since she wont wield a gun. this is a nasty combination because the constant strobe of a 400+ lumen LED light causes the muscles in the eye to spasm as the oc chemicals from the spray (ive heard from nonlethal accounts) hit the exterior. The two are to be used in combination in accordance with EOF (escalation of force). I went off a bit oh well. Somebody breaks in to my home though they will writhe in pain for thier ill gotten gains. or... just die! the courts are in favor in these poor unfortunate criminals these days! lol:sick2: