Happy summer solstice!!

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in Norway, far enough north to where I see blue sky all night at the moment.

This day is special here because it signifies the point where the night will slowly begin to return.

As a flashlight freak, you can imagine how this might be a reason to be happy for me. The winter here at it's darkest has only 4 hours of good light per day...which means hours and hours of darkness! It cannot come soon enough.

I was in Switzerland last week, and all I could do at night was test lights. :eek:

Best wishes from Norway,

obi

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Wow, 4 hours light per day in winter.... You clearly need to buy some more lights :)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounds like fun, but I think the lack of light would eventually bug me a lot. Have fun!

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
one year i didnt see the sun for like 2-3 months.

i worked nightshift or inside a factory with no windows.. so, i just slept the short hours it was up or it was cloudy on the days i was up and around.

it CAN make one go little ****oo!

and so can the never ending light and day during summer. but we living north are almost used to it. people from southern parts of the world must feel ODD if they were to live here. it will take some time to get used to it.

hahah

happy summer solstice and midsummer fest! party on people!