• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: EN McGizmo Mule: SOLD

OtisCampbell

Enlightened
Up for grabs is a nickel coated McGizmo Mule. This one includes no light engine but
you can use any from a recent vintage Haiku, Makai, Sundrop and so on...
It has a few minor dings but the nickel is looking pretty awesome. I would
rank it in a solid A condition. US sales include Priority/Insured. Outside the US
is at your risk and expense...

$185-->$170-->$140--->SOLD

ChromeMule1Medium.jpg

Last edited:

purelite

Enlightened
Re: FS: Chrome McGizmo Mule: Price Drop 1

I think these are Nickel plated arent they? Which is even better in my book!!!

nbp

Flashaholic

This is tempting! Is there more info on the chrome lights anywhere? Is it Ti underneath? Who coated it? What exactly is the coating? "Chrome" as in what is on old bumpers and such isn't very tough, what is this one?

OtisCampbell

Enlightened

Ooops ... my bad it is nickel coated.. with Al underneath..

fyrstormer

Banned

This is tempting! Is there more info on the chrome lights anywhere? Is it Ti underneath? Who coated it? What exactly is the coating? "Chrome" as in what is on old bumpers and such isn't very tough, what is this one?
It's not chrome, it's nickel. The plating is a stock feature, it wasn't added after the fact. It will tarnish over time, but if you polish it really well it will take a long time for the nickel to do anything other than darken slightly.

nbp

Flashaholic

Thanks for the help, fyrstormer. How durable is this finish? Is it pretty resistant to scratching and wear or will it chip or flake off over time?

nbp

Flashaholic

Did some research on EN, neat stuff. PM sent to Otis.

OtisCampbell

Enlightened

I would say it's pretty resistant to scratching.. probably more so than titanium. As to chipping and flaking off... I'm not sure, I've never seen a chipped and flaked user go up for sale here.. :shrug:

Thanks for the help, fyrstormer. How durable is this finish? Is it pretty resistant to scratching and wear or will it chip or flake off over time?

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!

Could you snap a few more pics of the lite? I would love to see the tail and head. Thanks. Shelby
And can you tell me how long the light measures? 3 inches would be my guess/hope . . . thanks,

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

The underlying aluminum can be dented, and of course it's possible to gouge-out pieces of the aluminum which will take the finish with it, but as far as abrasion is concerned, nickel is quite resilient.

nbp

Flashaholic

Hi Otis, PM replied to. :thumbsup:

nbp

Flashaholic

Going High CRI, XP-G, XM-L? Nice score my man! Should be a fun and useful light!

Thanks J! You too on yours! It's was a good deal on a nice looking Mule; I can't afford Ti right now after that Haiku just weeks ago...but someday. :devil:

I am going to email Don about an XM-L LE for it, hopefully he will be merciful and let me buy one sans flashlight. :duck:

It's funny, we seem to be buying the same types of lights lately, LOL. I got an Aeon, you got an Aeon. You got a Haiku, and talked me into one. As soon as I got the Haiku I knew I wanted a Mule to compliment it, and it seems you had the same idea! I still have all my HDSs though. :nana:

nbp

Flashaholic

Got a xm-l engine coming from Don for this bad boy. :rock: It's exciting waiting for these to come in! I'm glad he was able to hook me up with some electronics. I am really interested to see what the Mule beam is like in person.

Darvis

Enlightened

Got a xm-l engine coming from Don for this bad boy. :rock: It's exciting waiting for these to come in! I'm glad he was able to hook me up with some electronics. I am really interested to see what the Mule beam is like in person.

It's awesome, I just got a Ti XM-L Mule head from Don and it's light having a bare 100 watt lightbulb on hand. From about 2-3 feet from a wall, it will literally spill light form the floor to the ceiling, it's amazing. I also, as it happens, have a nickel plated Mule like this one as well and can tell you that they appear to be very durable. I bought it only recently and managed to drop it from aboput waist high onto concrete with no visible damage. I think you'd have to seriously flog it to get it to marr. The patina is REAL nice!!!

Enjoy the light!!!