I should be dragged out onto the streets and shot...

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is flashaholism a neurone disease or is it a mental illness? A few days ago when I was in hospital with my wife while she was in a labour for 16hrs giving birth to our second daughter, I could not help but admire the HUGE lamp dangling from the ceiling of the delivery room that the doctors use to examine patients. Here I am trying my best to give comfort and support to my better half who was on the verge of madness from the labour pains, but whenever she took a breather between the labour constrictions I kept looking up to admire its beautiful blue coated multi-panel reflector and wondered if the huge reflector was meant for throw or flood or both? I even noticed that it had twin incandescent bulbs like a nailbender linger special. Sorry I didn't dare to start taking beamshots, if not that would certainly have me ending up in Emergency with a few scalpels and other sharp medical instruments stuck in my head, chest and back and my wife divorcing me the next day.

Would anyone be kind enough to explain to this lost soul what type of bulbs are being used and what type of reflector do we call that? Its similar to the reflectors of those 50w downlights used in modern homes.

SAM_0909.jpg

SAM_0907.jpg

SAM_0908.jpg

SAM_0906.jpg

SAM_0922.jpg

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
first off.... CONGRATS !!!

and secondly, i hope your wife didnt notice you were fantasizing about a lamp! while while she was in labor. :sssh:

congratz again! :twothumbs

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hhhhhhmmmmm. Looks like a Berchtold D 300.
And yes, you should be taken out into the street and shot for not getting beam shots! :devil:

Congrats on your new addition.:thumbsup:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Don't be too hard on yourself. There's not one of us here that wouldn't have noticed that fine fixture. Thanks for the pics. Now how about one of the little bambino?

Geoff

Norm

Retired Administrator
babycongrats.jpg

To you both,

I think I understand Gav,
Love the 2.42 post time :)
Norm

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
AUSSIE-AUSSIE-AUSSIE-OI-OI-OI!!!

Congrats Mate!

I became an official father this year as well. I also have 2 daughters.

I vote that you name her, "Incandessa!"

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thanks: The snow looks fantastic at Hotham & Falls, perhaps the July meet should be there instead?

There's no reason that a bonfire and a snow trip can't happen at the same time :)

I'm building a solar powered spit roaster for the event too :D

Gimmeabreak

Newly Enlightened
I'll help you justify your actions. You were so overwhelmed by the strong emotions you were feeling, that you took the advice of the Lamaz (sp?) teacher and focused on one item in the room to steady your mind and regroup. You did it so you could be there mentally for your lovely wife on this most wonderful of days. There ya go. Feel better, don't ya?

When we got to the hospital for my youngest, the Doc said she wouldn't go into labor for another day or two, but they wanted her there to monitor her blood pressure. She took a nap so I went out and bought the Emerson Mini-commander I'd been lusting after, then I got some Popeyes chicken. When I got back she was in labor. Oops!

In my defense, we were 45 miles from home and there isn't a Popeyes or Emerson dealer anywhere near us. :)

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Yeah once i was visiting my friend and the doctor was examing his eyes with once of those pen lights but not led...the doctor left it and i jacked it oops

Norm

Retired Administrator
..the doctor left it and i jacked it oops
I don't think I'd be admitting to stealing a Doctors penlight on a public forum, I just hope it was a drug company give away and not an expensive piece of medical equipment.
Norm

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Don't sweat it..... women have these strange hormones to make em forget/suppress most of their experiences during child birth (or else they would never consider a second kid). So no worries, you can easily get away with behaviour like this, in a month or so she won't remember what you did.

DM51

Flashaholic
in a month or so she won't remember what you did.
Yes she will.

When our daughter #3 was born, nothing much was going on and I was bored, so I went outside to smoke a cigar. When I got back, #3 had already arrived. That was >20 yrs ago, and I've never been allowed to forget it by Mrs. DM51 (or daughter #3 lol)

------------------

Congrats Fusion m8!!