Ahhhhh come on! Is there NO love for Sunwayman ?

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

Ummmm.....nobody responded to an old Sunwayman post I BUMPED the other day so, I'll try again. Are there any Sunwayman Flashlights fans here at CPF?
The Sunwayman ad and demo videos look VERY good but, are these lights reliable ? The Sunwayman C10A (on sale) looks to be a nice unit and it's price costing not much more than some AAA mini lights. Any first hand user information is especially appreciated.

Regards,
SixCats!

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like'm!
i feel SWM quality is one of the best when compared to other china made lights.

mrlysle

Enlightened
My V10r Ti is a favorite of mine. Super build quality in Ti no less, for the price, it can't be beat. The Ti AA extension is a big plus and it's only 20 bucks!

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I love their lights, but hate their name. I currently have 3 of their lights and there are a few others I intend to acquire as well. The quality of the lights allows me to easily overlook the name. Two thumbs up from me. :twothumbs

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great HA III and body/head matching, deep pocket carry clip and in black, variable magnetic control with low low low and bright lumens, responsive representative, thick bodies, wide range of options, li-ion enabled, latest emitter...... unless the lights keep failing, what's there not to like?

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Buy whatever light you want from Sunway and it will be a great light, they make quality lights. Fit function and finish are all top notch i have 6 of them and enjoy them along with my surefires. My M40A edc's with my M3LT and FirstLight Tomahawk. You won't be sorry at all

yliu

Enlightened
I'm getting the T20C as soon as I am finished with my vacation! Their V20A and M30A also got my attention. I heard that Sunwayman does a great job with their machining and anodising.

tonkem

Enlightened
I have 4 of their lights. M40a MC-e, m30a r2, m10a r5, and m20c r5. All of them are great. I use the m40a the most, medium on that light is very bright. The m20c on medium is quite a bit of light and runs for 15 hrs! There have been some that say their runtime is also over rated. I can concure from the tail cap measurements that I have made the m10a will estimate 5 hrs on medium when it is supposed to be 10 hrs, but 5 hrs is still great for a single aa.

I will say that their lumens are a bit over rated, as I doubt the m40a puts out 500 otf on high, but they don't advertise out the front. The m10a is quite a potent little light, that I carry with me when I go on walks.

I have had a slight issue with the m30a in that the head, when tightening to the body, you have to give it alot of pressure, but it looks like that is a result of the brass contact being sunk into the plastic in the head, making the contact requiring more turns then there are threads. I talked to my dealer, and will send it back to him, and he said he would get it repaired. Otherwise I like all of the Sunway lights that I have purchased. For the money, hard to beat.

I do also own Surefires, and love them too. I would look to the surefires for a light that had to work, only because the Sunway lights have not been out long enough to speak of durability. One note, I have a surefire e1l and compared to the m10a(i know they are 2 diff kinds of lights) the switch on the e1l is much more durable looking, as the spring at the base of the switch is soldered to the base of the body(as far as I can tell, please correct if I am wrong) whereas the surefire is a removable(easily) switch and is very robust. Again, for the money, you cannot go wrong, in my opinion.

My .02.

Tony

Groundhog

Newly Enlightened
I think they have some nice lights. Bought an L10A for my dad for Fathers Day.

I've found many uses for my ZebraLight H51 and figured a right angle LED would be a handy little light that might pique his interest in the LED world.

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

Wow, I guess I was wrong assuming that Sunwayman (I kind of like the name) didn't have many fans here at CPF.
Thank you for all your replies. I am seriously considering a Sunwayman.

Regards,
SixCats!

Napalm

Enlightened
Hi all,

Wow, I guess I was wrong assuming that Sunwayman (I kind of like the name) didn't have many fans here at CPF.
Thank you for all your replies. I am seriously considering a Sunwayman.

Regards,
SixCats!

You bumped the C10A question. I guess that particular model is not very popular. I nearly bought one some time ago but since there's no review I couldn't figure out the head contacts construction. Otherwise it is their smallest AA light (1cm shorter than the M10A) and has no magnets - so if you want something to keep in same pocket as your visa cards, this would be the one.

Nap.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
I've got a fair few of their lights and I think they are fantastic, especially the V10r Ti. The only one I would say is not as great as the others is, strangely enough, the T20C. Don't get me wrong it's a nice light, but I simply don't like the clicky on it. It's not really a clicky in your typical respect, it's more of a push-rod with a spring in it. The whole feel of the switch is just clumsy, unrefined and just not as good as the rest of an otherwise fine torch.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
No love here. I will never consider sunwayman because of the completely ridiculous retarded name.......... I might would have given Sunway a chance, but not Sunwayman. There's a bunch of quality off-shore lights being made now, but these are out of the question for me.