Beamshot request: HD in E2e bezel vs. HD in KL1

ChadPhelps

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to decide which route to go with this. I tend to like reflectors better than optics, but I have not been able to compare the two mods. Even if you don't have a beamshot but have seen both, I would appreciate your input.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm

try this link
it might not what you want to see, but at least it gives you some ideas

also, HD in reflector would have similar beam as the Pelican Mod, IMHO.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
ChadPhelps,

I only did a couple white HD's in the E series reflectors because I felt the spot was a bit too tight and so much of the light was let out as spill. I think the SE is much better in the small and shallow E reflector.

I too typically prefer reflectors but for the HD, the smallest reflectors that I think work well are either the KL4 reflector or the PM6 reflector. The E reflector as well as the P series reflectors are better suited to SE's, IMHO.

- Don

robk

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
the smallest reflectors that I think work well are either the KL1 reflector or the PM6 reflector.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not seen a KL1 reflector. Mine use a NX-05, am I missing something?

My (limited) experience is that the "E" series reflectors don't work well at all with HD LS's. I bore out the housing and put a NX-05 in it. Can't wait to try a low profile Frane (sp?)
Rob

ChadPhelps

Newly Enlightened
I actually like a lot of sidespill so this may actually be a good option for me. How does the brightness of the sidespill compare to the sidespill of a HD in a Nx05?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Oops! I haven't seen a KL1 reflector either! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I meant to say the best small reflectors I have seen are the KL4 and PM6. The KL4 is very useful on a 1W HD!

- Don

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif Be nice to McGizmo he's new to this flashlight stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif