Catapult V3 vs the Masterpiece pro 1

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Thrunite Catapult V3 and I tested it out with my Pro 1 and to my surprise the pro 1 still beat the catapult out in terms of throw. I was shining them at trees 500 feet away. I would have thought the V3 would easly out throw the pro 1. :confused:

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
I have the V2 Catapult and the Pro 1 as well. And yes the Pro 1 will out throw the Catapult, but the Catapult lights up a much larger area and in my opinion is a much more usable beam. The Pro 1 has very little spill and gives an almost tunnel vision effect to the beam. The Pro 1 is sitting on the shelf with my other unused lights now and my V2 stays in my car with me.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
agreed but they are very close. At that distance I find the Pro 1 useless because of the pencil thin beam. I would rater use the catapult. I have a Lambda Lights 3C XML which is the same size as the catapult V3 but does out-throw the Pro1 and has a more usefull beam than the catapult.

quad088

Newly Enlightened
I have tested my Catapult V3 with my Olight M3x, the M3x beats the V3 in terms of throw at around 250M , I guessed the 1000 lumens loss to 700 lumens in term sof throw and spot brightness

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the Masterpiece Pro-1 is for dedicated use only. Anyway at US$43 shipped, it can't be wrong if you wanna have some fun every now and then.

It's $70 at SBflashlights. Where do you see it for $43 shipped?

If you know...how does this compare as far as throw with a HS-802?

Enlightened
Oh...its actually 43.99. solarforce dash sales (HK). You get a free L2i triple AAA body, so load it up with Panasonic oxyride 1.7V primaries and you are good to go at 5.1V and full 275 lumens. Or you can do 1 x 18650 or 2 x RCR123A/18350. Or if you are already a solarforce fan then its good to lego.
Actually the reflector is smoother/better (IMO) than a SR91. And the lens is really multicoated both sides....so at least to me the "bling" is there.

According to budgetlights forum, HS-802 is approx 30k? This one is 50k plus lux @ 1m. I also have beamshots of this one vs Dereelights DBS V3 aspheric XR-E.