UB3T vs M3LT-S

SBR1

Newly Enlightened
If you had the chance to trade a brand new M3LT-S for a brand New UB3T, would you, just because?

If YES, why? Only for the price diff or because the UI is better on the UB3T or what other reason?

I'm thinking hard on making the trade... so, comments would be most welcome!!

Thanks

quad088

Newly Enlightened
Why trade off ? I wil keep it. I just collected my M3LT yesterday and have requested our local SF dealer to contact me when UB3T arrived . I will purcahsed and keep both :)

SBR1

Newly Enlightened
Why trade off ? I wil keep it. I just collected my M3LT yesterday and have requested our local SF dealer to contact me when UB3T arrived . I will purcahsed and keep both :)

Because I would only need ONE power-house Flashlight. I'm not into collecting... just playing with/using.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trade for the UB3T.

Does everything the M3LT-S does plus more. Only difference is the one hand access to strobe on the M3LT-S.

quad088

Newly Enlightened
Because I would only need ONE power-house Flashlight. I'm not into collecting... just playing with/using.

OIC , if that the case should trade off as I heard new UB3T has many modes and I also want

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know. Personally I prefer the beam profile and tint color of the M3LT, assuming you have the 400 lumen MC-E one. But I do agree that the extra modes on the UB3T is nice to have. I am regretting selling off the 400 lumen M3LT after I received the UB3T but then again, I am very sure I would be using the UB3T more since it does more like what DimeRazorback has said. If you ask me, I don't think it would be worth it to trade up to a UB3T. But if you are like me and just want the UB3T for the extra modes, and find the battery indicator cool, then go for it.

iapyx

Enlightened
I can't help you decide between the M3LT-S and the UB3T, but let me tell you what I did:

I had a UB3T on backorder, payed in advance, but put the order on hold when SF anounced the UBR at ShotShow 2011.
The UBR is planned to be released by the end (October-December) of this year. Until then I will wait because I would like to be able to know more about the UBR once it comes out. If the UBR is released on time, it will be a tough choice. I am especially interested in the runtimes. And if the UBR does indeed accepts (next to rechargeables) two primaries (not three which I would prefer).

I would like to be able to compare those lights before I decide. It could very well mean that I go for the UB3T, but only after a comparison.
And the release of the UBR get's pushed back like they did with the UB3T, then I will likely get a UB3T after all.

so, wait if you can. The UB3T is just out and will be available for the next couple of years. No need to rush, unless there comes another financial crisis.....
(being a flashaholic it's not so easy to resist a long wait haha)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
UDR Dominator

If you had the chance to trade a brand new M3LT-S for a brand New UB3T, would you, just because?

If YES, why? Only for the price diff or because the UI is better on the UB3T or what other reason?

I'm thinking hard on making the trade... so, comments would be most welcome!!

Thanks
If I had to have a light with strobe (as they all will eventually), it would be the one where it's most out of the way in the U.I. Triple tap seems better in that regard than having to pass over it to & from the positions you actually use, or preselecting while off.

SBR1

Newly Enlightened
Re: UDR Dominator

The strobe feature is not at all important to me. I do like the SOS feature, as I would take this with on night boat trips.... but still, neither of those features are big attractions... I like the power and I think with the UB3T, the several lower power settings would be real nice.

The guy who was to do the trade backed out, but I think I will still sell my M3LT-S to buy the UB3T.

My M3LT-S is the brand new 800 Lumen one!

forstersun

Newly Enlightened
I won't do it

to me, m3lt-s is just good.
3 modes, high output is bright enough, low output is bright "enough" too.
also, the circuit inside must be simpler than ub3t's, I love simple.....