ZebraLight T5 & T3 Tail Clicky XM-L

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Known Preliminary Information:

• T5 is scheduled for release in 4th quarter 2011.
  • T3 is scheduled for release in 1st quarter 2012.
Country of Origin: U.S.A.

T5 Features:

• Electronic Tail Clicky
  • White: Cree XM-L 6300 nominal CCT, 65 typical CRI
  • Beam Type: Spill + Spot
  • Max Output: 300 Lms
  • Low Output: .1 Lms
  • Battery: one AA
  • All levels are current regulated
  • Bezel Diameter: 1 inch
  • Length: 3.7 inches

T3 Features:

• Electronic Tail Clicky
  • White: Cree XM-L 6300 nominal CCT, 65 typical CRI
  • Beam Type: Spill + Spot
  • Max Output: 300 Lms
  • Low Output: .1 Lms
  • Battery: one cr123
  • All levels are current regulated
  • Bezel Diameter: 1 inch
  • Length: 3.7 inches (need to verify, doesn't seem correct)

:thumbsup: - Jas.

Features will be added to this post when available.

HIDblue

Enlightened
How is ZL squeezing out 300 lumens out of a single AA? I thought 200 lumens out of the SC51 was impressive on a AA Nimh. Really wonder how this thing will look.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is ZL squeezing out 300 lumens out of a single AA? I thought 200 lumens out of the SC51 was impressive on a AA Nimh. Really wonder how this thing will look.

It seems like 300lm off a AA is a pipe dream especially if where talking 45-60mins runtime but if Zebralights says they can do it then I tend to believe them after seeing the SC51 and SC600. I don't know how they will deal with the heat if it's a AA framed light, if they pull it off it will be one hot light in more ways than one.

stp

Newly Enlightened
It seems like 300lm off a AA is a pipe dream especially if where talking 45-60mins runtime but if Zebralights says they can do it then I tend to believe them after seeing the SC51 and SC600. I don't know how they will deal with the heat if it's a AA framed light, if they pull it off it will be one hot light in more ways than one.

Speaking about runtime Cree XM-L T6 needs about 2.2W to emit light at 300lumens. With perfect driver with 0 loses white eneloop would power it for 65 min. Current driver by ZL loses about 40% of power. They said that the new one will be better. Let's say its efficiency will be around 80% (20% lose) - it should have around 52 min. runtime at 300 lumens, more when used with black eneloop XX.

Lightman2

Enlightened
Speaking about runtime Cree XM-L T6 needs about 2.2W to emit light at 300lumens. With perfect driver with 0 loses white eneloop would power it for 65 min. Current driver by ZL loses about 40% of power. They said that the new one will be better. Let's say its efficiency will be around 80% (20% lose) - it should have around 52 min. runtime at 300 lumens, more when used with black eneloop XX.

Very good STP ..... and the XML allows the higher lumen rating but it may well be that it does not throw as well as the SC51.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would these replace the SC series of lights? I understand they are made for tactical usage and so on. Would there be a neutral version also? I guess we would only know later when more concrete information is provided by Zebralight.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's interesting. I would have assumed that ZL would have achieved 300 lumens with a 14500 Li-ion......guess not though after seeing your comment.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Speaking about runtime Cree XM-L T6 needs about 2.2W to emit light at 300lumens... ...it should have around 52 min. runtime at 300 lumens, more when used with black eneloop XX.
What if it's U2?

"I may not always use NiMH, but when I do - I prefer Dos Equis. Stay lit, my friends..."

- Jas.

Tuikku

Enlightened
300lm from one AA, even Eneloop sounds a huge amount regardless of runtime :eek:
Hmm, should I wait for this or just get some SC`s while waiting :D

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go for the SC600 while you wait...It's over 6 months from now plus you will be buying many more in between :D
300lm from one AA, even Eneloop sounds a huge amount regardless of runtime :eek:
Hmm, should I wait for this or just get some SC`s while waiting :D

low

Enlightened
I have a question for Zebralight. With the tail clickly for on-off will this also have a place for your thumb to change levels like the SC51? Will the tail cap have a momentary ON-OFF? If it has both of these things it will be a real favorite for a lot of folks. My dream light.

Low

Last edited:

Tuikku

Enlightened
Go for the SC600 while you wait...It's over 6 months from now plus you will be buying many more in between :D

Don´t push me, hahaha :D
Luckily, my section of midsized / big XM-L´s is covered. (L2 and 2D Lambda).
Six months, it´s a long time though...

But:

I´m not sure, but are there many single CR123 based XM-L´s with tailclicky? :thinking:
I´m sure some manufacturer has made them but I cannot think of any :thinking:

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
Just saw this thread, after looking at Zebra's spreadsheet. Jot me down for one of these!! (AA) Between this and the Q50, it will be the best x-mas ever! haha

saypat

Enlightened

When I saw this thread pop up today I thought maybe for a second these lights hit the market, early! Sort of let down. I have been patiently waiting, or trying to. I've put off ordering the SC51 just to get a T5. I even e-mailed Zebralight and asked if it would be much more expensive, - the reply was YES. I would like to be the proud owner of a 300 lumen light running on (1) AA battery.

henry1960

Enlightened

When I saw this thread pop up today I thought maybe for a second these lights hit the market, early! Sort of let down. I have been patiently waiting, or trying to. I've put off ordering the SC51 just to get a T5. I even e-mailed Zebralight and asked if it would be much more expensive, - the reply was YES. I would like to be the proud owner of a 300 lumen light running on (1) AA battery.

ME TOOOOO!!! :takeit: