first $100 flahlight

ryguy24000

Enlightened
can anyone tell me when you saw your first one hundred dollar flashlight? what kind was it?

carrot

Flashaholic
Mine was the Surefire A2 Aviator. A now discontinued light, still a favorite of many due to its unique and interesting characteristics:
- regulated incandescent beam providing consistent bright white light
- two-stage output with two types of beams: a low output beam for floody close up work and a high output beam for throwy distance viewing

I'd also say it's probably generally regarded as one of Surefire's more interesting technical achievements and also in my opinion one of the best looking lights (at least the 4-sided generation).

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight strion led only 160 lumens but blows 200-300 lumen flashlights out of the water...carry it in my pocket every day

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first $100+ light was a SF G2L with a Malkoff M60WL but they were not actually purchased at the same time.The Malkoff MD2/M60W was the first complete light over $100.I generally resist spending that much on a single light but the Malkoffs are worth it! :thumbsup: There are a few other lights I would spring for in that price range if I had more funds available,the SF A2 incan is one example, but the Malkoffs are my first choice. :D

Last edited:

callmaster

Enlightened
HDS Systems. I admired their lights when I was younger and had no $$. I didn't forget those lights when I was finally working and earning decent $$. 140Cgt was my first over $100 light. Till then, I was using stock maglites my father brought home from work.

Hmm, I think there's only 1 light of mine right now that's under $100.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My first was the venerable Arc LSL. Of course I bought it on closeout for $60 (including a 2AA tube and five batteries). Even after all these years I still can't bring myself to spend more than $60-$70. Maybe someday I'll realize I can't take it with me.

Geoff

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first $100 light I saw in person was the Surefire L4 when I was in Iraq...and, yes, I bought it...thinking to myself "Am I really spending $125 on a FLASHLIGHT?". 48 Surefires later, here I am...and $100 is a decent price for an SF now...

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was when I stumbled upon the Surefire website. What really made my butt pucker was the cost of the batteries for "1 hour" of runtime!

Now I feel lucky if I can get a light for $100!

Oh have times changed.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first and only light over $100 is the Fenix TK45. I fear that there may be many more in my future, haha.

sappyg

Enlightened
I've had a few that flirted with the $100 mark but the 1st stock flashlight that broke that # for me was the HDS 120 edcT. A light that is truely in a class of it's own.

For me I prefer to keep the price in the $50 range or less. Some lights you make an exception for but those are few and far between.

trialt

Newly Enlightened
my first $ 100 + light was a surefire T1A Titan about two years ago :) Wish they made a version with a warm tint .

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first $100+ light was a LEGOed Ti Quark and I was a CPF member over a year before I talked myself into it. I never would have seen myself spending that kind of money before.

al93535

Newly Enlightened
My first over 100$ flashlight was the 4sevens maelstrom g5. My last; HDS 170. I'm thinking about looking into some surefires now.

tolkaze

Enlightened
I'm in Australia, so for $100 you could get a Maglite 4D incan back in 1990. Most shops still think that maglites are the best, so are still prohibitively expensive.

First light over $100 that I saw that was worth it, MD2 with M60. had seen lots online, but this was the first one that I had ever held. sucked because I had to buy it blind, not knowing what was in store... so glad I did though. Was the best moment in my flashaholic life so far

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it must have been the TK11 for me. They had just been upgraded to R2 LEDs and both my cousin and I had our eyes on it. Then one day my supplier was running low on stock, plus there where rumors that there would be no more TK11 r2's. There where only 2 left (apparently in the whole of Canada) and the price had gone up, so I bought them at 120$ each. Next thing I knew they where back in stock at regular price @~95$ each. I still do not regret it, it gives them a history...

Latest posts