• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Barbolight Bombproof Host with Neutral MC-E and 3 X AA Holder

Hill

Enlightened
Bump for a rare and solid host.

I was looking to purchase one a while back but did not have the tools (i.e. lathe) to make the custom heatsink. Will Quiles did some mods of these with outstanding results.

Good luck with your sale.

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator
My apologies about the link. It's working now....

It's not a wquiles build, it's done by olrac and as you can see from the build thread, he went through quite a bit of effort to get everything right...:D

Hill.... thanks for the well wishes. Would have held on to it if not for some other stuff calling my name right now...:D

purelite

Enlightened
why is this such a hard light to put a light engine in?

It does look robust.

is Barbolight out of business?

Tessaiga

Enlightened
Hey Freyth..... Still available...

It is difficult because of the machining work involved to get to the guts of the light and to put a light engine in while not compromising on the integrity of the body. It isn't exactly the best host to work on.

Now having said that, it also makes it a bombproof host once you get through to it and install a light engine...:D

nfetterly.... I agree it's beautiful, but in need of money now more than a shelf display item...:D

JanCPF

Enlightened
Does it take 2x 26500 and does the flupic driver work with that without overheating? What current is going to the led on max? What's the runtime on 1x 26650 and 2x 26500? Would it be easy to swap the led for a cool white MC-E?

Thanks
Jan

Last edited:

Tessaiga

Enlightened
Does it take 2x 26500 and does the flupic driver work with that without overheating? What current is going to the led on max? What's the runtime on 1x 26650 and 2x 26500? Would it be easy to swap the led for a cool white MC-E?

Thanks
Jan

Hi Jan, as far as I know and reading from the build thread, it does take 2 x 26500 voltage wise, but you would need to cut down the spring for the cells to fit.

Not sure about the current as I have no way of measuring it. I haven't done any runtime test as it's hardly been used since I got it.

Babarin has got instructions on how to open up the lens to access the LED so I don't think access to the LED would be a problem. I have no idea about a swap though as I am hopeless with electronics.

Sorry that I can't give you more info.