Malkoff        

Thread: WTS: Barbolight Bombproof Host with Neutral MC-E and 3 X AA Holder

A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator

Rant Deleted

Deleted
    Last edited by Tessaiga; 03-22-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    On your way up, beware of the toes that you step on as they could be connected to the asses that you have to kiss on your way down

Default Re: WTS: Barbolight Bombproof Host with Neutral MC-E and 3 X AA Holder

Bump for a rare and solid host.

I was looking to purchase one a while back but did not have the tools (i.e. lathe) to make the custom heatsink. Will Quiles did some mods of these with outstanding results.

Good luck with your sale.

Always wanted one..., link didn't work to build, is it the wquiles build?

My apologies about the link. It's working now....

It's not a wquiles build, it's done by olrac and as you can see from the build thread, he went through quite a bit of effort to get everything right...

Hill.... thanks for the well wishes. Would have held on to it if not for some other stuff calling my name right now...
    On your way up, beware of the toes that you step on as they could be connected to the asses that you have to kiss on your way down

BURP!!

BURRRRPPPPPP!

[ ^ I think your keyboard needs fixing, LOL]
    Last edited by DM51; 07-15-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessaiga View Post
    BURRRRPPPPPP!

[ ^ I think your keyboard needs fixing, LOL]

BUUURRRRRPPPPP from the depths!!! Actually it's my tummy that needs fixing.... LOL!!!

I cannot tell you how many times I've looked at this. Beautiful....

Is this still available?

why is this such a hard light to put a light engine in?

It does look robust.

is Barbolight out of business?

Hey Freyth..... Still available...

It is difficult because of the machining work involved to get to the guts of the light and to put a light engine in while not compromising on the integrity of the body. It isn't exactly the best host to work on.

Now having said that, it also makes it a bombproof host once you get through to it and install a light engine...

nfetterly.... I agree it's beautiful, but in need of money now more than a shelf display item...

Burp!!!

BUMP!!!!!!

Somebody must want this?!?!?!?!?!

A readily modded one is really quite rare....

Flashaholic*

Does it take 2x 26500 and does the flupic driver work with that without overheating? What current is going to the led on max? What's the runtime on 1x 26650 and 2x 26500? Would it be easy to swap the led for a cool white MC-E?

Thanks
    Jan
    Last edited by JanCPF; 10-30-2011 at 02:24 PM.

LED swap is easy as I built it that way for upgrading, that bad boy goes all day without over heating that's all I have to say

Quote Originally Posted by JanCPF View Post
    Does it take 2x 26500 and does the flupic driver work with that without overheating? What current is going to the led on max? What's the runtime on 1x 26650 and 2x 26500? Would it be easy to swap the led for a cool white MC-E?

Thanks
    Jan
    Hi Jan, as far as I know and reading from the build thread, it does take 2 x 26500 voltage wise, but you would need to cut down the spring for the cells to fit.

Not sure about the current as I have no way of measuring it. I haven't done any runtime test as it's hardly been used since I got it.

Babarin has got instructions on how to open up the lens to access the LED so I don't think access to the LED would be a problem. I have no idea about a swap though as I am hopeless with electronics.

Sorry that I can't give you more info.

Bump!!

BUMP to the top..

And Olrac, I don't know how I missed your post, but thanks for chiming in.

BUMP!!!!

BUMP from the depths!!!!

BUMP!

BURP!!!!!

BUMP!!

BUMP!!!!!

BUMP!!

Burp and BUMP!!!

BUMP TTT

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!