Recomend a Single 18650 Light for EDC

DutyLight

Newly Enlightened
Hey there CPF.

In my quest to replace my current Quark AA2 Turbo S2, I was looking at a Klarus-XT10.

The Klarus-XT10 claims a decent run time in comparison to it's competition.

Since there are SO many different brands, what in the ~$80 range can I get that is better than my current turbo, and as good or better run time as the Klarus-XT10.

Below is the specs for the XT10 from the manufactures site.

Based on 1x 18650 Battery:
  1. High Mode: 470 ANSI Lumens (2.3 hrs)
  2. Medium Mode: 150 Lumens (7.3 hrs)
  3. Low Mode: 10 Lumens (300 hrs)
  4. Strobe Mode: 470 Lumens (4.6 hrs
Thanks in advance.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea about Klarus but have you tried researching on the Zebralight SC600?

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
Better is a relative word and only you could decide that. I have the XT10 it's a killer light, but not edc for me. I use small 1 x CR123 or AA for edc.

The XT10 has an excellent overall beam. Tons of spill, plenty enough throw, and a great white tint. The UI is my favorite especially for it's size. Absolute one handed control with all modes at all times.

Definitely look at Zebra SC600. Even brighter and smaller, but more flood.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than the SC600 that's already been mentioned I'd say look at:

Zebralight SC60(w)
Shiningbeam S-mini
Jetbeam Jet-III M
Jetbeam Jet-III Pro ST

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy DutyLight and welcome to CPF,
I think we need a bit more information before we can point you in the right direction. As jbdan pointed out, "better" is such a subjective term, so it would help to know how you to intend to use your new light.

Do you want more throw, more flood, smaller body, better tint, more levels of brightness, etc....? Is this for spotting animals in the woods, or for use with a firearm, or just casual every day use?

How are you planning to carry the light? I think the Shining Beam S-Mini is almost pocketable, but most of the others would probably require a holster.

The more you define your needs, the easier it will be to select the right light.