"Olight SR 51..........Ship date known as yet? "

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
:help:I have been unable to find out anything more about the ship date of the SR 51. Supposedly it was supposed to be "around" the 24th which is today. Anyone heard any more on this? I was hoping to have mine for the upcoming holiday weekend so I can light up my neighbors pool area during his wild party but things aren't looking so good on that note right now. Darn, guess I'll just have to use my Thor Colossus and throw a whole bunch of yellowish light down on him instead................

Light me up Scotty............Terry:whistle:

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
What gets me is that when a mfgr decides to release a new product, the info comes out with the specs and anticipated delivery date, etc. Then NOTHING after that. You place your order and wait and wait and wait patiently for the delivery date to come and then go by with still nothing more to let you know what's going on and/or what the new delivery date will be. Maybe I'm just too impatient but when I buy something and want something, and am willing pay the price for it ESPECIALLY IN THIS DOWNED ECONOMY!!!, I would think the mfgrs would at least be a bit more upfront in keeping their CUSTOMERS informed. I don't mind waiting as long as I have some idea of when the item I ordered will be shipped. Just pisses me off when this happens. Sorry for the rant here, this has happened way too many times for it to be just a coincidence or a one time thing, etc....................:mad: Terry

PS: Oh, and this isn't just limited to flashlights, it happens in a lot of other industries also now...........

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Isn't David Chow now the Chairmen of Olight and 4sevens? You might be able to call them or send him an email. I hear he is very accessible. One question I do have is this. Do you find Olight to be better build/durable than Fenix or 4sevens?

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
Isn't David Chow now the Chairmen of Olight and 4sevens? You might be able to call them or send him an email. I hear he is very accessible. One question I do have is this. Do you find Olight to be better build/durable than Fenix or 4sevens?

Thanks for the contact info. May send an email if I don't see the light soon. As to your question, I can't really give you any info on whether I find Olight to be better built or more durable than the brands you mention simply due to the fact that I only own Olights as my LED lights. I have three so far and this one will be my fourth. I have other flashlights that include an ASP Triad and several old Maglites that I never use anymore, but they are bulb units. I have had no problems with Olight to date. I like how they feel and handle and to me they perform wonderfully during the times I need and use them. I'm sure there are several other brands that are in the same league as Olight in terms of build quality, styling and durability. It seems to be a very competitive market for these types of lights and I would guess each mfgr keeps up on the competition and tries to keep up with or even surpass it when they can. This new SR 51 will be my highest power light so far and if it works out I plan on going into the piggy bank in the near future and treating myself to an SR 90 or equivalent. I can only imagine what a 2200 lumen beam of light would look shining down off my deck and out in the forest, or over into my neighbor's pool area on party night.......Ha!

Light me up Scotty........Terry

Last edited:

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
TOQ said:
Thanks for the contact info. May send an email if I don't see the light soon. As to your question, I can't really give you any info on whether I find Olight to be better built or more durable than the brands you mention simply due to the fact that I only own Olights as my LED lights. I have three so far and this one will be my fourth. I have other flashlights that include an ASP Triad and several old Maglites that I never use anymore, but they are bulb units. I have had no problems with Olight to date. I like how they feel and handle and to me they perform wonderfully during the times I need and use them. I'm sure there are several other brands that are in the same league as Olight in terms of build quality, styling and durability. It seems to be a very competitive market for these types of lights and I would guess each mfgr keeps up on the competition and tries to keep up with or even surpass it when they can. This new SR 51 will be my highest power light so far and if it works out I plan on going into the piggy bank in the near future and treating myself to an SR 90 or equivalent. I can only imagine what a 2200 lumen beam of light would look shining down off my deck and out in the forest, or over into my neighbor's pool area on party night.......Ha!

Light me up Scotty........Terry

Do you happen to have the M20s? If so how do you like it?

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
... in the near future and treating myself to an SR 90 or equivalent. I can only imagine what a 2200 lumen beam of light would look shining down off my deck and out in the forest, or over into my neighbor's pool area on party night.......Ha!

My problem with Olight is that they don't use ANSI measurements yet. For example, BigChelis measured 1200 lumens from the SR90 in his sphere but Olight calls it 2200. That is quite a big difference. I would love to know the real specs of the SR51 but again they are not ANSI specs. Hopefully, this will change in the future.

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
Just sent an email to Olight in China. Tried sending one to their US site but the site will not come up anymore. Could be a glitch in the system, who knows, but I tried last night and this morning and the US site just won't come up. Anyone else had problems with it? Anyway, doubt I'll get a response to my email asking about the ship date of the SR 51. Then again, who knows on that one either, perhaps I will. In the meantime I am just trying to be patient and hoping my new toy will be on my doorstep in the not too distant future. Labor day would be nice................Ha!

Light me up Scotty............Terry

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
I just got a reply saying Expected In-Stock Date: 1-Jul-2011.

:ohgeez:"EXPECTED", there's the key word that leaves us hanging, and hanging, and hanging. July 1st huh? Hmm, let's see now, would that be of this year or next year...............??? I ain't holding my breath and in fact am just forgetting I ever ordered one so someday down the road I'll simply get a nice surprise when I open my PO box and find that little key with a number on it to one of the larger locker boxes. Then I'll take a nice deep breath and hope that it's the SR 51 and not some other toy I ordered from some other company that also had an "expected" ship date. I'm in a foul mood this morning aren't I. I WANT MY SR 51...............NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Light me up Scotty..........Terry:banghead:

Last edited:

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
:banghead::rant::hairpull: :dedhorse:- Okay, so I am not a happy camper right now! Was hoping to have the new SR 51 for the holiday weekend but here it is 7/1 and the second supposed release date for it is here and no light in sight. Am I being overly impatient? Yes, I am. But dammit when a mfgr. introduces a product don't you think they would be able to KNOW what the release date for it would be. Why tell everyone 6/24, then change it to 7/1, let both dates come and go, and not tell us what's going on? I sent an email to Olight asking them to please just let me know when they felt the SR 51 would hit U.S. shores but as of today haven't heard even so much as one word back. The dealers evidently don't know much and are just guessing also. I was told initially that the SR 51 would be released first with the SR 92 second. Yesterday I heard the SR 92 is now shipping but again, not one word about the SR 51. What gives.........???

Happy 4th to everyone! Rant over............... :whistle:

Light me up Scotty..........Terry:grin2:

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
Hey EnduringEagle - This is my second reply to your above post, reason for doing so is that I just finished watching a You Tube video of David Chow introducing the SR 51 and SR 92. Funny, as I watched the video it was apparent he wasn't very informed about these lights as he didn't know what the low power rating on the SR 51 was and stumbled around for a short while on camera trying to find notes on what it was. His first guess was around 450 lumens but corrected that when he found the actual figures. I won't go on here on this other than I did laugh pretty good at the end of the SR 51 video when he said he was now going to do part two and talk about the new SR 95.....??? I played it back twice to make sure he did say that and he does. I wasn't aware Olight was coming out with an SR 95, are you? Guess the pressures of big business are getting to him early on.........??? One would think that the "C.O.B." would have been better prepared prior to doing a You Tube video on two of Olight's newest...............??? Boy maybe I am way to picky, huh...........???

Happy 4th.........Terry

Last edited:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
TOQ - Just to let you know that video was made months ago with pre-production lights - before for the final specs were firmed up. Also the video was meant for dealers and distributors and not for general consumption so it wasn't as polished. :D

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the added info on that video. I know my comments in a couple of posts regarding the SR 51 have been pretty negative but they are not directed at the Olight products, rather at the lack of communication going on regarding ship/delivery dates, etc. I am looking forward to the new SR 51 as it will become my most powerful Olight to date. Olight is my light of choice and one day I hope to own the SR 91 or equivalent light at the time. Just a tad to much for my piggybank at the moment. I was hoping to have the SR 51 in hand by this weekend but alas that was to happen, so my wait goes on..........

Thanks again for your comments regarding the video. I totally understand now the errors. BTW, is there perhaps an SR 95 on the drawing boards? If so, that may be the one I order at a later date.............???

Light me up Scotty.........Terry:)

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
7-7..........Still waiting! No response to my email to Olight! Nobody knows nothing! Couple of dealers saying they are in stock and shipping? Nobody else knows nothing! I know nothing! I am impatient! I need a new hobby, this one is getting dark......Ha! I want my SR 51!!! And I don't want to be giving it to myself as a Christmas present! But it is looking more and more like that's what I will be doing.............???

Beam me up Scotty.............:devil: