Black and Decker 2AA rubberized Incans now are LEDs

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I noticed at Walmart that Black & Decker's orange and black rubberized 2AA incan and swivel head incan lights now have what looks like a half watt LED rated at 18 lumens (Ansi). I didn't buy one but is sure looks like the LED is a PR base dropin like the Dorcy new line of LED 2 cell dropins. The price is identical for both incan and LED in fact they were both on the same peg. 18 lumens probably would be about 25 or so lumens pre ansi ratings.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed at Walmart that Black & Decker's orange and black rubberized 2AA incan and swivel head incan lights now have what looks like a half watt LED rated at 18 lumens (Ansi). I didn't buy one but is sure looks like the LED is a PR base dropin like the Dorcy new line of LED 2 cell dropins. The price is identical for both incan and LED in fact they were both on the same peg. 18 lumens probably would be about 25 or so lumens pre ansi ratings.

And the price is?

Thanks for the heads up - I'll try to remember to look for these next time I visit WallyWorld.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
And the price is?

Thanks for the heads up - I'll try to remember to look for these next time I visit WallyWorld.

I believe the price for the non swivel version was $6.88 I think the swivel version is about $1 more. I recommend the swivel version myself I have a rayovac version of the same (incan) light and swiveled it tailstands if you get the clip spun around to support it right.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the price for the non swivel version was $6.88 I think the swivel version is about $1 more. I recommend the swivel version myself I have a rayovac version of the same (incan) light and swiveled it tailstands if you get the clip spun around to support it right.

Thanks for the update.

I have a soft spot for all of these inexpensive "industrial" and "contractor" grade lights that are rubberized and drop test rated. These lights are usually quite durable and reliable.

They make decent toolbox lights. Also good loaners/giveaways to folks in need during blackouts. Anything beats nothing during a blackout.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Thanks for the update.

I have a soft spot for all of these inexpensive "industrial" and "contractor" grade lights that are rubberized and drop test rated. These lights are usually quite durable and reliable.

They make decent toolbox lights. Also good loaners/giveaways to folks in need during blackouts. Anything beats nothing during a blackout.

I have a rayovac 2AA swivel industrial rubberized type light I took apart the bulb holder and put it on my drill press and reamed it out and installed a mag 2AA led dropin and since you can focus it the light has a wonderful round beam with nice flood. I did have the forward clicky switch on it flake out on me so I replaced it with a regular clicky. It is possible the Black & Decker lights have a forward clicky switch also.