where to buy Panasonic 18650a?

hazna

Enlightened
Good question. I haven't seen anywhere that sell them unprotected for in low quantities.

There are a few people who are selling them with protection. Google 'ex-cell 3100mah' or 'callies kustoms 3100mah'

Microa

Enlightened
I found one or two suppliers on TaoBao Web Stores but I am hesitated whether they are genuine.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Callie's Kustoms does offer the unprotected versions as well. Or, since they are the same price I suppose you could buy the protected versions and strip them.

Doh, just noticed your location. At this time I don't think they offer international shipping.

Sugarboy

Banned
Callie's Kustoms does offer the unprotected versions as well. Or, since they are the same price I suppose you could buy the protected versions and strip them.

Doh, just noticed your location. At this time I don't think they offer international shipping.

wow, US$13.95 each :S

i think i'd rather have the 2900mAh typical 18650 one, which is around US$4-5 each+shipping

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I don't blame you at that price. I only know of 2 sellers of the 2900 version, and they both want about $12.50 each. Plus, a forum member recently purchased some from one of those two sellers and got such terrible performance they may have been counterfeit. He did get his money back at least.

moderator007

Enlightened
So are the callies kustoms 3100mah 18650 real or fake. Has anybody bought and tested. Thinking about buying some.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought them today, so of course I can't say one way or the other. But, he has posted test data at another forum, I am pretty confident they are real.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vegas, did you buy the 2900 or 3100 version? I'm looking for a new pair of these, so I'm keen to see if yours are good.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the 3100s. Well, to be fair I paid for them, I didn't actually get them yet.
Initially I was trying to purchase them from Redforest UK here but he was out. You can see the discharge graphs in that thread. Then while looking further into it I stumbled upon the Callie's kustoms seller. Appears he is a silk screener by trade from his website, can't imagine how he got involved with battery sales. (Though I suppose being a silk screener would allow you an excellent opportunity to make and sell counterfeits, but I ramble.) Since My AWs are still the 2400 versions this should be quite an upgrade for me. Though, I never even run those down very far.

I have found another person who plans to sell protected versions of these as well, but since it is at another forum, I don't know that I should link to it. But here are the discharge #s he posted tested with the iCharger 106B+ which is the same charger I will be testing these with as well.
5A 2665mah @ 2.8v
5A 2979mah @ 2.5v
1A 2958 @ 2.5v 70F
1A 3023 @ 2.5v 80F

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened
I paid from 4sevens around $20 US for 1 single 2400 18650 from AW is this right? Or should i be getting these ones now? I use cheap chinese ones because the AW from 4sevens are too expensive

xxllmm4

Newly Enlightened
VegasF6, thanks for the vote of confidence :thumbsup:

Appears he is a silk screener by trade from his website, can't imagine how he got involved with battery sales. (Though I suppose being a silk screener would allow you an excellent opportunity to make and sell counterfeits, but I ramble.)

I would guess the superchargers, fans, and Carburetors are fakes also. I have a Mill and a lathe so it would be easy for me to fake them!

Thanks

hazna

Enlightened
wow, US$13.95 each :S

i think i'd rather have the 2900mAh typical 18650 one, which is around US$4-5 each+shipping

[/URL]

Could you PM where you can buy them for that price. Cheapest I could find the 2900mah in small quantities was ~$20 for two (unprotected).

DasFriek

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like someone from Calliescustoms is here.
Some people are skeptical of everything, Even with proof they would deny it.
But if you had any test results or ways to prove to people they are the real deal.
Maybe ship a sample to a person here who has a history of testing cells and does reviews as that would go a long way in proof, But also peak interest in this hot new cell when people see what it can or cannot do.

Im the type of person with many interests so i dont have a hard time making the jump in believing a guy who does silk screening is selling batteries and superchargers all on the same website. If anything it shows a drive for perfection and a quest for the best things you can find to use as products for selling.
Fakes and clones aren't worth your reputation if your like me.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
VegasF6, thanks for the vote of confidence :thumbsup:

I would guess the superchargers, fans, and Carburetors are fakes also. I have a Mill and a lathe so it would be easy for me to fake them!

Thanks

Hah, that was just a little poke buddy! Don't take it seriously. Earlier I posted that I was very confident that your product was real and had seen the discharge graphs and photos of your icharger! Lest anyone here think I was serious, I wasn't! :)

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
xxllmm4: When are you likely to start accepting international orders? I really need some good high-capacity 18650's...

xxllmm4

Newly Enlightened
Maybe ship a sample to a person here who has a history of testing cells and does reviews as that would go a long way in proof, But also peak interest in this hot new cell when people see what it can or cannot do.

Its been done, they are being shipped to at least 2 people on flashlight message boards that do comprehensive reviews. I spent $27 for express shipping one of them to Australia. They should be getting them within a couple days.

At this point the main problem with international shipping is cost and time. I simply don't have the time to hand write shipping labels and fill out customs forms for the cheap shipping rates. If you want to do online shipping you have to use priority mail international. It starts out at about $14 + extra paypal fees for anything international. So if people are willing to pay the $16-18 for shipping :sick2: We will probably add international shipping as an option in the next couple days but I just wish I could do better on shipping prices!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
At this point the main problem with international shipping is cost and time. I simply don't have the time to hand write shipping labels and fill out customs forms for the cheap shipping rates. If you want to do online shipping you have to use priority mail international. It starts out at about $14 + extra paypal fees for anything international. So if people are willing to pay the $16-18 for shipping :sick2: We will probably add international shipping as an option in the next couple days but I just wish I could do better on shipping prices!

"Build it and they will come". ie. Offer it on your website, at whatever the cost may be for you to offer it, and there will be those, like myself, who will order it. If you don't offer it, no one can or will buy :)

Sugarboy

Banned
Just ordered 2pcs x Panasonic 18650 2900mAh from China. Hopefully will arrive in a week or so. Will try to report whether they are genuine or not. :thinking:

CKOD

Enlightened
I posted this in good deals on CPFMP, but I figure its relevant here since people are looking for bare cells... http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...0s-from-10.83-cell-*only-good-till-6-30-11!!* Its in the good deals section so you might need to log in or register with CPFMP if you havent already

My shipment is supposed to be coming in tomorrow, so I'll hopefully be able to idenify the make and partnumber of the cells for you guys then. Obviously if you arent looking for 6 cells, then its certainly pricy, but if you need that many then youre certainly assured that they wont be counterfeit.