Need Help with Manafont XM-L problem

indy

Newly Enlightened
Just received my Manafont 4.2v XM-L P60 drop-in. Loaded it in my Ultrafire WF501B body along with a protected Jetbeam 2300 ma 18650. Turned it on , verified all modes were functioning (they do) switched to high and the light turned off after about 1-2 seconds. I turned it back on, 1-2 seconds it shuts off. Switch to medium mode and the light stays on as long as I want. Question—do I have a problem with the drop-in, the body, or is the protection on the battery kicking in and killing power. Anyone else had this problem. Should I be using unprotected cells instead.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the cells fully charged? It sounds like the PCM is cutting the power under voltage sag, it could be something else though.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
What could be happening is that you tripped the PCM, then the cell will read 0v to the charger as the circuit has been broken. The Pila may then not charge them, and it would look as though they were in fact fully charged. I'm not sure if the Pila will charge below a certain voltage. Maybe someone else will clarify this?

indy

Newly Enlightened
The Jetbeam bat is the problem. Just took the led out and hard wired it to a 3.7 AW ICR123 and it works fine. Ran the same test with my other 4 Jetbeam bats and each shut off within 3-5 secs. So it appears to be a fault protection issue. Hopefully the new trustfire 18650's I just ordered won't be as overly protective.