• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Surefire L1 XM-L

LightJunk

Enlightened
Hi Guys :wave: ,

Up for sale is a minty Surefire L1 which I have modded with an XM-L T6 1C bin in the head. LED board is not glued. I used Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compund and 20 AWG Silver Coated Teflon wires for low resistance.

I'll include an orange o-ring in between the head halves and also a magic UCL lens with LDF at the front end.

This particular lens will produce very nice even beam. No hotspot no ring whatsoever. Just one smooth beam. Tint is leaning towards neutral side. Slightly cooler than 2B bin which is neutral.

You'll get about 420 emiter lumens or 300 to 350 lumens OTF as the driver limits it's current to about 1A.

L1XM-La.jpg

L1XM-Lb.jpg

L1XM-Lc.jpg

L1XM-LLOW.jpg

LOW

L1XM-LHIGH.jpg

HIGH

I don't know how to take beamshot but it is definitely brighter than the above pictures.
What you get is the light and an original Surefire lanyard. No box though.

I'm asking $170 $160 $155 shipped Registered Mail worldwide. SOLD to Rat.

Payment via Paypal (payment owed option, you take care of the fees).
PM for Paypal info.

Cheers,
LJ :)

Last edited:

nbjly

Enlightened
Re: WTS: Surefire L1 XM-L

Does it use the stock driver and TIR lens? That looks great with the diffusion film -

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whoever purchases this build, you gotta try it on a VME 2*CR123 body and power if with AW 17670. The lumens will go from 450ish to 950ish real OTF lumens.

Yes, you get that much more and real lumens.

Free bump.

bigC

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whoever purchases this build, you gotta try it on a VME 2*CR123 body and power if with AW 17670. The lumens will go from 450ish to 950ish real OTF lumens.

Yes, you get that much more and real lumens.

Free bump.

bigC

So by going from 1x123A and a Vbatt of around 2.5V to 1x17670 and a Vbatt of 3.7V, you go from a drive current of 1A to something around 3A? Well, since there is a driver in there, the only way that I see that happening is the driver is a boost driver and with Vbatt > Vload, you are running in direct drive. It's all well and good that you can get 950 OTF lumens, but the driver may not last too long under those conditions.

LightJunk

Enlightened

The driver is in the body. If you're using a 1X17670 in the VME2XCR123 body then you're running it direct drive.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't believe this is not on the way to someones home yet.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

+1

A lot of thought & time went into that build, and the result is a very small light that throws 300+ lumens OTF. And does all this at only 1000 mA drive level, meaning the emitter & board are not subjected to killer temperatures. Well done :thumbsup:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1

A lot of thought & time went into that build, and the result is a very small light that throws 300+ lumens OTF. And does all this at only 1000 mA drive level, meaning the emitter & board are not subjected to killer temperatures. Well done :thumbsup:

You talked me into it :takeit:

Ok just send me your PayPal info and I will pay ASAP

cheers

Edit: Did you use the diffusion film because the result with the clear lens was not desirable? Regardless have you got a spare clear lens you could supply with the light ?

Last edited:

LightJunk

Enlightened

+1

Thanks Guys.

LightJunk

Enlightened

You talked me into it :takeit:

Ok just send me your PayPal info and I will pay ASAP

cheers

Edit: Did you use the diffusion film because the result with the clear lens was not desirable? Regardless have you got a spare clear lens you could supply with the light ?

Paypal info in PM.

Yes, you're right. I'll include the original lens that came with it.

Thanks.
LJ