Streamlight Keymate?

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have one? It looks like a nice compromise between a keychain light (Photon) and a small pocket light (SF E1)...

onelight

Enlightened
They are really bright for a coin cell light,a gun shop here in okc has them for less than $8.00 best price I have seen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif They are a long ways from a SF E1E

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The very brightest 1 LED light I've seen, but it can't have much runtime, you know?

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KeyMates do start out very bright, but after the first 45 minutes to an hour they fade VERY quickly. For the same price range of a KeyMate, I'd get an Ultra G (although it's considerably larger...), or one of the Dorcy 1AAA lights. They're really good lights for $6.00, and it's "bright" run-time stomps the KeyMates'. But if you want the best true keychain sized light, and aren't afraid to part with 25-30 bills, then get an ArcAAA. You WON'T be disappointed...

PJD

P.S. If you do get a KeyMate, I'd recommend the titanium finish. The coating on the black one gets scratched off in your pocket quite easily.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
I picked one up today. Much nicer than a Photon II. Pocket clip is really to stiff & narrow for use on the kind of pants I typically wear. I will most likely use it as a keyring light. Or clip one to every day pack in my gear locker.

onelight

Enlightened
I have a green one the beam is not smooth at all but man is it bright my shed is about 70ft from my back door and the green keymate will dimly light it.

MDM

Newly Enlightened
I have the Keymate, ARC AAA, and CMG Sonic. Because the Keymate uses coin batteries which lose their punch rather quickly, I would recommend the ARC or Sonic instead.