grip material

menoceros

Newly Enlightened
I've seen several posts where members are discussing various means to get a better grip on their lights. I'd like to mention a product made for guns called "grip-tape" Its a neoprene type substance with a self adhesive back and comes in a 5"x20" sheet for aboutn $10-$12. You could cut what you need to wrap a barrel or just add a few strips down the sides to give better grip.

Borad

Enlightened
I was thinking about anodized aluminum getting scratched and was wondering why enamel isn't used, then I read "apply enamel to aluminum and you've greatly reduced its ability to transfer heat to the air" which would also be a problem with grip tape. But if there are enough holes in the tape and enough unpainted spots, it may be OK. It depends on the size and heat sinking requirements of the flashlight.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the Camo Form tape on my lights. Not only does it provide better grip, it also happens to cushion the light from damage in an event of impact.

Hell, I have it on a lot of things, like my lighter, pepper spray, stun gun, etc.

The tape is porous enough that it doesn't significantly affect the thermal transfer.

Besides, digital camo pattern is awesome.

Last edited: