SF XPS Pro beam tint

Status
Not open for further replies.

byron8

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a SF 6Px pro for $67 at local store. I am not happy with the beam color as it is yellow green and low is too warm yellow green. I want to swap out the LED assembly but can't seem to twist the head off. Will standard P6 drop in work for this light and how do I get the head off. I think the LED is made in China and maybe the light also as the quality seems to be poor. The switch is not as robust as the Chinese lights I got and the aluminum body is not hard enough and the threads stripped slightly when trying to put the tail cap back on. Plastic lens and no heat sink. These are poor quality lights that are not up to the usual SF standard... and price. But that is my opinion. And I got what I paid for. They obviously made this light to compete with the Chinese lights.

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume you mean the Surefire 6PX.

No, P60 drop ins wont work. The 6PX/G2X lights are designed with a sealed head (hence why the head wont come off).

The light is not made in China.

When you say "The switch is not as robust as the Chinese lights I got" what do you mean?

Also, if you stripped your threads I imagine you must have been doing something wrong...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a SF XPS pro for $67 at local store. I am not happy with the beam color as it is yellow green and low is too warm yellow green. I want to swap out the LED assembly but can't seem to twist the head off. Will standard P6 drop in work for this light and how do I get the head off. I think the LED is made in China and maybe the light also as the quality seems to be poor. The switch is not as robust as the Chinese lights I got and the aluminum body is not hard enough and the threads stripped slightly when trying to put the tail cap back on. Plastic lens and no heat sink. These are poor quality lights that are not up to the usual SF standard... and price. But that is my opinion. And I got what I paid for. They obviously made this light to compete with the Chinese lights.

I assume you mean the Surefire 6PX.

No, P60 drop ins wont work. The 6PX/G2X lights are designed with a sealed head (hence why the head wont come off).

The light is not made in China.

When you say "The switch is not as robust as the Chinese lights I got" what do you mean?

Also, if you stripped your threads I imagine you must have been doing something wrong...

:)

elumen8

Enlightened
I just bought a SF XPS pro for $67 at local store.

Byron8, can you show a picture of your XPS light? The only XPS lights I'm aware of are the XPS line of lights at Bass Pro Shops. And if this is a 'Surefire 6PX Pro' selling for $67, then I'm rushing right over and buying a couple for myself since they normally sell for $115.

byron8

Newly Enlightened
Sorry folks, it is 6PX PRO dual mode not XPS. I paid $67 but Amazon sells for $75. I thought it was good deal but not worth it with poor beam tint. the Aluminum is the grade 2 and not grade 3 like their other lights I have E2D, etc. which is much more anodized or harder and more solid feeling when I screw on the tail cap. The light is not all made in USA. The package says that enough parts are in the light to qualify as being called made in USA. I doubt if the LED assembly is made in USA. I bought at local gun store here. The switch is more tinny and weak compared to the other SF I have and I have 5 SF lights. The rubber membrane is soft and thin and seems could wear out fast or puncture easily. On my other SF lights the rubber is more thick and solid feeling. This is my first SF LED and I will not buy another. There must be a way to remove the head as how will they repair the light or replace defective LED. Thanks for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.