Silver E1B Pic Requests

Draz

Newly Enlightened
I love the Backup light. I have owned 2 80 lumen black versions and each time I had to put a different tailcap on them. The oldest one has a scout and the newest one has an E2DL. Without these I feel there is not enough grip to these lights. I want a Silver Backup but am worried about the lack of tailcap options. Also I would love to see some used and possibly abused silver backup pictures. Never really seen one with wear.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
For your black E1B's, get a Aleph flat tailcap with a McClicky switch from the sandwicheshoppe, and a Oveready hard press boot kit. It has a very nice "grippy" band of knurling around it, and the McClicky is the icing on the cake.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a pic of my used, dearly departed (on it's way too kid9P), E1B-SL...the brushed silver look is really awesome to behold, and on a used one, has the appearance of worn armour. This is a light a crusader would have carried. It has a "Holy" appearance, if that makes sense...

HPIM1921-1.jpg

Draz

Newly Enlightened
I do wish there was a good tailcap alternative to the Silver Backup, My favorite EDC of all time is my black backup with an e2d tailcap.

Draz

Newly Enlightened
also my backup I just got just says backup on one side..no patent numbers. Makes for a much cleaner look imo

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the Backup light. I have owned 2 80 lumen black versions and each time I had to put a different tailcap on them. The oldest one has a scout and the newest one has an E2DL. Without these I feel there is not enough grip to these lights. I want a Silver Backup but am worried about the lack of tailcap options. Also I would love to see some used and possibly abused silver backup pictures. Never really seen one with wear.
I feel the very same about the tail switches. Surfire really should have offered these lights with a fluted tailcap option.

I recently got a Silver E1-B since they were being cleared at good prices, and I put an E2D fluted & scalloped tailcap on it. It actually looks good to me, the contrast actually makes the light easier to spot. I'll try to get a pic up later today.

Agile54

Newly Enlightened

Draz take a look @ this link >
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?221474-Toothless-E2DL&referrerid=41241

It is where I found M I K. He made me two EXCELLENT TCs, 1 for my EDC E1B & 1 for my E1E Room Sweeper. I carry my E1B bezel down in my rear pocket, had the same issue as you &
M I K's mod solved my problem. He then did the same for my Milky E1E Room Sweeper.
A great fella, that is very talented & a good friend of mine now.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Draz take a look @ this link >
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?221474-Toothless-E2DL&referrerid=41241

It is where I found M I K. He made me two EXCELLENT TCs, 1 for my EDC E1B & 1 for my E1E Room Sweeper. I carry my E1B bezel down in my rear pocket, had the same issue as you &
M I K's mod solved my problem. He then did the same for my Milky E1E Room Sweeper.
A great fella, that is very talented & a good friend of mine now.
Those are really nice mods! I remember seeing the defanged mod before. Looks like M I K has not been on CPF for a while though, I picked up a couple E2D on clearance as well and I'd be interested in his Defang operation.