paypal drives me nuts

onelight

Enlightened
paypal drives me nuts

Has anyone had trouble getting paypal to work after getting a new email address?I have called them and tried online to fix it and cannot get it to work.I just closed my paypal account and may try to start over in a while.This may be an answer to my wife's prayers (the paypal problem keeps me from ordering from countrycom & the sandwich shop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif)Will closing my account and opening a new account fix it?

TOB9595

Enlightened
Re: paypal drives me nuts

Closing one and opening another should fix things.
BUT
one never knows with Paypal.
I've had good luck with them.
Tom

onelight

Enlightened

Man I hope so I feel a shortage of cheap key chain lights and a McLux and another BB400 and a Madmax and a etc. etc... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Tomas

Banned

Every time someone mentions PayPal problems I look around nervously and knock on wood. I signed up when the were first getting started - actually before they had a fully working system, and in all that time I've never had one problem. I've changed banking accounts, credit cards, and e-mails each once.

T_sig6.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I've never had an issue with PayPal, at all (crossing-fingers tightly). Even when adding different E-Mail addresses, the process went smoothly.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm glad to hear all this. I've had my fingers crossed for some time.

Paul

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I've never had a problem with Paypal either, including when I added another email address.
Guess I'd better cross my fingers too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's a famous website which only exists to complain about PayPal (the name eludes me) but some people have thousands of dollars held hostage for no epparent reason.

Maybe things are better now since eBay bought it but neither entity is rock-solid in the service department.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Never had a problem and I've changed my email a handful of times.

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast

"There's a famous website which only exists to complain about PayPal (the name eludes me)"

Would you be referring to this one or this one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

onelight

Enlightened

To be honest I probably messed it up when I tried to change it.I feel like I have done a great job if I get the computer turned on and on line.But it is sad that with 2 phone calls and numerous attempts on line that I could not get it fixed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Any body got any idea how long I should wait to open a new account?

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast

You may have a hard time reopening a new account at all. I just had a friend of mine a few months ago try to do that and it wouldn't let him. Said something about him already being a customer or some such bull. Sometimes on PayPal one person can do something and and get one result and another person can do nearly the exact same thing and get a completely different result, so who knows how it will work out for you. I wish you the best of luck.

Personally, I can't wait for a viable alternative to PayPal so that I can get off of it...

onelight

Enlightened

Thanks X-CalBR8 I will give it a few days and see what happens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif