ZebraLight XP-G to Philips LUXEON Rebel HCRI

Glock27

Enlightened
When will the HCRIs propagate through the rest of the line?
I'm most interested in an SC60c.
The SC60 carries great clipped to my front left pocket.

I've been EDCing an SC60w for going on 4 months and it has over 3300 hours of runtime to date.

G27

P.S. George....is Lillian your wife or an employee?

Glock27

Enlightened
Well I heard from Lillian this morning.

"No production plan for an SC60c in the near future."

I was hoping that high cri's would make it to the rest of the xp-g offerings.

G27

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I've been EDCing an SC60w for going on 4 months and it has over 3300 hours of runtime to date."

Just curious as to how you know this. :)

Glock27

Enlightened
"I've been EDCing an SC60w for going on 4 months and it has over 3300 hours of runtime to date."

Just curious as to how you know this. :)

I never turn it off except to change batteries. I'm over 3700 hrs now. I average running 3 cells per day down to ~3.8 V. I want to see if light output or color changes after so many thousands of hours of being on.

G27

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Well I heard from Lillian this morning.

"No production plan for an SC60c in the near future."
Lillian did not say the SC60c would never be produced. I think she would have if that were the case...

There is a significant difference between:

• "No production plan for an SC60c."
  • "No production plan for an SC60c in the near future."
Also, "in the near future" is very subjective; could be days, weeks, months, next year...

Forever the optimist,

- Jas.

Glock27

Enlightened
Lillian did not say the SC60c would never be produced. I think she would have if that were the case...

<snip>
Also, "in the near future" is very subjective; could be days, weeks, months, next year...

Forever the optimist,

- Jas.

I think so highly of my SC60w that I have a spare.......and that I need a backup to my spare. What if I accidentally drop my "precious" into the shredder or kiln at work. I'd have no backup then.:eek: I wanted to try a HCRI, but if they won't be available until next year, I'll order another one soon.
....and then there's the SC600w, H502w, and H600w.....I might have to sell a gun to finance my ZebraLight habit.

G27

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if the SC60 goes to a high CRI, I doubt it will be the same Rebel emitter. That emitter can only put out so many lumens, and that's been done already with the SC51c. There's no point in putting that emitter in an SC60, except maybe the longer run time. It can't really get any brighter. They would probably go to an xpg if they did.

My SC51c gets pretty warm already and I only run it at the 80 lumen level.

edc3

Enlightened
Have they said which emitter they're using? Looking at the data sheets I'm assuming it's LXM3-PW51.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
How did you calculate to get 3300 hours out of 4 months? The most I calculate is 2976 hours using 31 days in a month.
When will the HCRIs propagate through the rest of the line?
I'm most interested in an SC60c.
The SC60 carries great clipped to my front left pocket.

I've been EDCing an SC60w for going on 4 months and it has over 3300 hours of runtime to date.

G27

P.S. George....is Lillian your wife or an employee?