• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALL SOLD OR WITHDRAWN: Various McGizmo parts (including PD Paks!)

fyrstormer

Banned
Time to clean house. I've got (one last) opportunity to buy the AWD mountain bike I've wanted since college, and I need to defray the cost a bit, so I'm putting some of my spare McGizmo parts up for sale. I also have some non-custom stuff for sale in the Marketplace, including a Titanium Seraph by Lumens Factory.

All prices include $5 for flat-rate USPS shipping within the USA. Multiple purchases will get shipping discounts as appropriate as long as everything fits in one box. This also applies to purchases made in my Marketplace thread, so if you want something from both threads, PM me a reminder that you should get the shipping discount.

2xAA Clicky Pak (1x) SOLD
I bought this about a year ago, and it sat on my shelf in case I decided to switch to using AA batteries again. I never did, so it never got carried. $180.

CIMG4836.jpg

CIMG4837.jpg

Delrin Caps for E-Series battery tubes (2x) SOLD
A very nice person made these for me after I posted a thread a few months back asking about why there weren't any E-series end-caps available on the market. They work great, but my stash of headless battery tubes never materialized, so I don't have any use for them. $12.50 each -or- $20 for both. (price for both includes multiple-item shipping discount.)

CIMG4845.jpg

PD Paks (2x) 1x SOLD, 1x WITHDRAWN
These are the real gems in this sale. These PD Paks have seen some use but have no marks besides the normal surface scuffing that titanium normally accumulates. The pistons both have green tritium markers that still work fine, and the epoxy hasn't yellowed at all. They came from my LS20 and LS27 which I fitted with C-Paks after I upgraded their electronics. In all likelihood I'll never have extra PD heads to use with these, so they should go to people who can use them. A good use would be to convert an XR19-C to an XR19-PD, or to replace a PD Pak that was severely damaged in a motorcycle accident...or something like that. :sssh: Sorry, I don't have the clips, but they are available for sale from The Sandwich Shoppe and from McGizmo himself, or maybe you can take the clip off whatever Pak you're replacing with one of these.

I'm a little unsure how much to charge for these, because I've never actually seen PD Paks for sale before. $150 sounds like a fair price, I think.

CIMG4840.jpg

Standard rules apply: first "I'll take it" gets it. On account of working in an office all day, I'll do my best to ship the morning after each sale. Please, help me get that bike! :D

Last edited:

nbjly

Enlightened
Re: FS: Various McGizmo parts (including PD Paks!)

:takeit:

Delrin Caps for E-Series battery tubes (2x) $20 for both.

Plz PM PP info

:thanks:

Last edited:

indadark

Newly Enlightened
I'll take a PD pack but I have a few questions I sent you via IM before I can commit if that's fair?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Probably an obvious question, but the 2xAA clicky Pak is E-series compatible, right?

So which SF options could be driven by 2xEneloops at only 2.4v? KL1? KX1? E1E?

fyrstormer

Banned

Probably an obvious question, but the 2xAA clicky Pak is E-series compatible, right?

So which SF options could be driven by 2xEneloops at only 2.4v? KL1? KX1? E1E?
Yes, the 2xAA Clicky Pak is E-series compatible.

As far as I know, any of the 3V E-series Surefires can run on 2.4v, because they have circuitry to boost the input voltage, which is necessary for them to run on 1xCR123 as well. The E1L Outdoorsman is available with a 2xAA battery tube, so I expect all other E-series lights that use the same driver can also use 2xAA as a power source.

fyrstormer

Banned

Based on some questions I've been getting via PM, I want to restate that the PD Paks require fully-assembled PD heads to use with them. McGizmo made several types a few years ago, and Arc Flashlight's Arc6 is compatible, but currently all of the compatible models are out of production. You'll need to have a PD head handy, or else be willing to machine and wire your own -- it's not unheard-of, but I've only ever seen one person do it.

fyrstormer

Banned

No, I realize you needed more information before making a decision. I won't force you to buy something you can't use.

fyrstormer

Banned

I don't have an E1L handy, but here's what the 2xAA Clicky Pak looks like with an E1E head attached. It has a nice two-tone look.

CIMG4849.jpg

CIMG4848.jpg

Also, if there are any Arc6 owners out there who are looking for a grippier battery tube, the Ti PD Paks work great for that. Here's a picture I took about a year and a half ago, comparing a stock Arc6 with an Arc6 sitting on a Ti PD Pak. I still use this configuration today; it transforms a light that's otherwise a little too small to hold into possibly the most compact multi-mode 1x123-powered EDC light available.

CIMG4086a.png

Last edited:

Darvis

Enlightened

I'm in for the 2xAA tube.. PM Sent... :)

I'll take it, and :paypal:

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

2.5 days left before I cancel the sale of the remaining PD Pak. If you've been thinking maybe it would look good with your Arc6 or your aluminum PD-S, or you've got a C-Pak you wish were a PD Pak instead, now's your chance.