Jetbeam RRT-3 Weird problem

userix

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a RRT-3 Jetbeam 1200lumen flashlight. Apparently it's a new model, as they are only made in black color now, unlike when they had two color offerings prior. When I use my Ultrafires 18650 3000mAh batteries (red protected cells) in them, the flashlight doesn't turn on after letting it sit for 5-10min. I have ensured the batteries are freshly charged and have tested them individually in my ultrafires and superfires single 18650 flashlights. It seems like a random occurence. Now, when I use standard CR123A, it seems to work more consistently, but still has a small chance of not turning on after letting it sit for a while. I called Jetbeam and they blame the 18650 batteries, but seeing how it does it with CR123A (ableit less) tends to negate that explanation. Since they do no acknowledge the problem, they will not replace it under warranty. Does anyone else that has the new revision RRT-3 have a similar problem?

userix

Newly Enlightened
It's now doing it all the time with my fresh CR123As, so it's something with the flashlight itself, not 18650 cells. The contacts are clean as I can tell. It is a brand new flashlight, so it came factory fresh.

KTW39

Newly Enlightened
The people on this site that have the RRT-3 and NOT having an issue are using what battery? Thanks.