Hydra.jpg

2D Rebel
Rebel%252520Mag%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

3XML Hydra
Hydra%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Last edited:

Fresh Light

Enlightened
How much did that run ya? And can I upgrade my order????
;)
Tony
Like your light, there have been only 2 of these sold to the best of my knowledge. Here's the thread to the other one that sold http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?312595-FS-**Triple-XM-L**-Custom-D-Mag That was the first one made and it has a few added touches like the GID vinyl but lacks the direct copper bonded xmls. I'm keeping this one though. As far as runtime I guess i'm not sure since you don't use it on high cause it's really more that you ever need for other than just wow, damn, that's bright. Tony, the XML I'll sending you puts out 1100 OTF and gives a much better defined throw and hotspot. I'm not selling this light any time soon, but you happen to come across one you should do it the CPF way and get them all.
After running it for 10 min on max setting it is warm, but no where near the heat generated by any sst50 or sst90 lights.

Last edited:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin makes great lights. I have a VaraPower 2000 and a 3CXML. The 3C XML out throws my EagleTac M3C4 XML and Catapult V3 by quite a lot and it is a bit brighter with brighter spill. I would love to get a Hydra. Are you sure it "only" does 2400 OTF lumens? He has the direrct copper mounted single XML doing 1100 OTF. Could that one be 3300 OTF at turn on?

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Yeah, the lambda lights are great. I've bought 7 of his various lights and have liked them all. That's interesting tre about the ET and Cat. I don't own a whole lot of production lights, but it usually takes a much larger and heavier light to compete.

For comparison, here is the pic of the Legion II sst50 at max setting vs 2D Lambda (actually with 3c in it for a test)

0611110032.jpg

Tuikku

Enlightened
Whoa! Some lumens in those pics!!

I have single XM-L 2D Lambda and it really throws nicely indeed :)
I like it a lot! Price/quality ratio is amazing.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking hard about a 3CXML. How does one place an order from Lamda lights? The webpage is less than useful. Do they have a sales thread on CPF?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking hard about a 3CXML. How does one place an order from Lamda lights? The webpage is less than useful. Do they have a sales thread on CPF?

The webpage is just a simple email and request what you want since its a one man show.
He advertises his builds and progress here at FLN, but email is the best way to get a hold of him.
http://flashlightnews.net/forum/index.php?board=39.0

The most throw he is getting now is with 2 types of emitters.

• XM-L at 6A = 75Klux with Dome ON.
  • SST-90 at 15A = 65K lux or so with dome ON. He has to use a 3D Mag on this due to more copper needed to cool this beast.
I myself would love to see the XM-L at 6A and with a big 3in Turbo head and SMO reflector. I bet it would scream and hit well over 130K lux with dome on.

bigC

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I love his flashlights but I wish there were a way to make them waterproof.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a boost driver developed by lambda, I haven't seen any commercial boost river at 3A,
but there are buck drivers at 3A, yes.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a boost driver developed by lambda, I haven't seen any commercial boost river at 3A,
but there are buck drivers at 3A, yes.

He makes the drivers from scratch and incorporates LED to Copper bonding on all his lights now

Bigc

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek: Wow! Those are incredible pictures Fresh Light. I really don't need a light like that right now, but I want one.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek: Wow! Those are incredible pictures Fresh Light. I really don't need a light like that right now, but I want one.

Just look at his single XM-L turbo and the 135K lux via Smo reflector will change your mind. It's actually Ma-Sha1 who inspired that build

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just look at his single XM-L turbo and the 135K lux via Smo reflector will change your mind. It's actually Ma-Sha1 who inspired that build
Is that the 2DXML model on his website? Does it also have the brightness adjustment control?

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Is that the 2DXML model on his website? Does it also have the brightness adjustment control?

The one for sale on his website is the 2C. He may be able to make you an adapter like this for that light. While running direct drive until voltage drops it into regulation, it is one of the highest output single 18650 lights I've ever seen. It's just barely less bright than the 3c, but the compact size makes it easier to carry.
I picked up a second hydra few weeks back. The new one uses optics and is neutral tint. If you get snowfall, neutral or warm is the only way to go.
DSC_0003.JPG
[/IMG]
DSC_0004.JPG

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one for sale on his website is the 2C. He may be able to make you an adapter like this for that light. While running direct drive until voltage drops it into regulation, it is one of the highest output single 18650 lights I've ever seen. It's just barely less bright than the 3c, but the compact size makes it easier to carry.
I picked up a second hydra few weeks back. The new one uses optics and is neutral tint. If you get snowfall, neutral or warm is the only way to go.
DSC_0003.JPG
[/IMG]
DSC_0004.JPG

That is a very impressive collection of Lamdalights.....I especially love those 33 Mode Hydra builds.

For those that are interested in learning about the 33 mode single XM-L Turbo Lamdalights at 135K lux, but hopefully 150K lux for final production samples:
http://flashlightnews.net/forum/index.php?topic=2712.0

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Kevin makes great lights. I have a VaraPower 2000 and a 3CXML. The 3C XML out throws my EagleTac M3C4 XML and Catapult V3 by quite a lot and it is a bit brighter with brighter spill. I would love to get a Hydra. Are you sure it "only" does 2400 OTF lumens? He has the direrct copper mounted single XML doing 1100 OTF. Could that one be 3300 OTF at turn on?

Tre, I've never had an ET or Catapult to compare, but based on your quote, I've never been interested in them. I'm sure those lights have adequate heat sinking, but your right, no direct copper bonding and they certainly don't have the massive slug of Cu the Lambda's use. The Lambda XMLs get 4.5 or so amps.