Just got my TK20! Reveiwishy

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Just got my TK20 and I really like it. Its a little big but I knew that when I bought it, but what I wasn't ready for is its build its not like most lights with a thin aluminum tube, this things 1/4" think of solid aluminum! all except the tail cap are like this making it fairly heavy. The threads are the smoothest of any Fenix light I have seen. I just can't believe how thick and solid this light is I'm pretty sure I could run it over with my car and it would be fine.

This is my first neutral but I still think the tint is really warm. I really like the beam, it has a big smooth reflector and is similar to my XL50 but with a bigger hot spot but it has more lumens and throws just as far. It has a couple rings, like 2 besides the hot spot and spill, but I would not say its ringy at all and they don't bother me. The warmer color doesn't seems as bright but its just an illusion because it lights up more.

My only complaint is that it makes a high pitched noise from the tail switch when on and it would be awesome with like half an ounce less weight and 205 lumens :).

If you guys still want one amazon has a couple left.

Last edited:

regulation

Newly Enlightened
I just can't believe how thick and solid this light is I'm pretty sure I could run it over with my car and it would be fine.

can't agree with you more, i also got astonished when i first saw how thick the TK20's body is. it's just out of my expectation!

BTW, i also like the yellow warm tint very much.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
can't agree with you more, i also got astonished when i first saw how thick the TK20's body is. it's just out of my expectation!

BTW, i also like the yellow warm tint very much.
At first when I took the tail cap off I just thought it was a lip or plastic sleeve or something so I put the batteries in and then had to unscrew the Bessel and stick my little finger in it and I was like WOW! I bought $30 of aluminum with a $40 flash light in it for $50 bucks lol.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix TK20 is a wonderful light and my absolute favorite. The construction is excellent, it's throws very well, and the tint, atleast on my sample, comes the closest to the incandescent spectrum than any other light I've used, even my Malkoff M61W 4000K. All this for a measly $40. I bought mine last december and have loved it ever since then. The light isn't perfect however. As you mentioned, the emitter does make a wind when on turbo mode and the beam does have a dounut hole, mine has a small one and many other's have reported the same thing. However, when using it outside many times I don't even notice the winding sound and the dounut hole is really only noticeable when shining on a solid surface like a wall. But considering how great the other features are and the fact the light was only $40 on discount these shortcomings are easy to oversee. By the way, did I mention I absolutly love the tint?

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
So it wasn't just me it is very warm.

Mine doesn't have much of a dounut hole at all? but whats with the emitter placement on these? Now mines only off center by about a millimeter but is there a flat bottom to the reflector? or is the emitter up on a pedestal in there i cant tell but its weird.

shark_za

Enlightened
The TK20 works so well alongside a Zebralight H501w for camping.
The headlamp for everything around camp and the TK20 for looking past the immediate area.

My favourite combo.
This is what you will find on me in the bush these days.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good purchase! Was one of my first "serious" lights and is still one of my favorites. I have a lot of fancy hosts, dropins and batteries now, but it's still the light I grab when I actually need to get something done and not show off about it. The inductor whine is the only thing that bothers me about it, but it's not a deal breaker.

If you like this light, might I recommend your next one be a Zebralight H501W? Runs on the same AA's and is hands-down the most useful light I own. Heck, when I'm doing some renos/repairs, it's the most useful tool in my toolkit.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I like my TK20 a bunch and have used it with a H501w. Never seen another LED with the same tint as a Q2/Q3 XR-E 5A. Downright nice. :)

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strangely it seems they have not been able to duplicate the tint the TK20 gives with any other neutral, warm, or high CRI emitter I have seen yet. The yellow tint the TK20 gives seems to be very unique to this particular light. I love mine, and I feel even now so long after it's release, and it's discontinuation, it is still one of the best bang for your buck lights you can buy. It is a solid light that I would trust my life with, and is backed by a beautiful tint, long throwing beam, long running low mode, and the ability to use common AA batteries. It is by far my favorite LED light so far, and it's gonna be very hard to beat it in my opinion.

Latest posts