• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lost my mind sale: Mag2HID $170.. best and final offer :)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful pewter Mag2HID, 2D cells, Welch Allyn Solarc 10W. Powered by 8 AA cells. Can be resleeved easily to run 3 x AW IMR cells (but you need to sand the tailcap yourself). Used but never abused. Condition 9/10, some minor user marks. This is one of the original UFOKillerz/SilverLegacy builds. Yes, it is that old but it's still a good one :)

$170 best and final offer, includes Paypal, shipping to US/UK/EU/AU. Other destinations please inquire first (I don't ship to certain locales)

If it doesn't sell then I am going to Dremel the tailcap myself and install IMRs as I seem to be destined to be the guardian of this light :)

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this the HID that is suppose to offer the most throw?

3 IMR 26500 cells fit with ease in a 2D Mag with simple tailcap mod. The Allyn Solarc 10W ballast is regulated correc? I been wanting these soo bad to see how much they throw and I think these are 2 mode or at least the current ones I see for sale.

How does that lamp compare to the 14W Solarc hid bulb and regulated 14/9.5w ballast? It can be swaped out in lieu of the current one?

Thanks bigC

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, not sure if it offers the "most" throw but it can definitely be focused into a needle beam. You can change reflectors to use your own if you desire. (needs camless reflectors with appropriately-sized opening)

The ballast is regulated, but will be overdriven slightly on 3x3.7V cells. A number of owners use 3x3.7V cells for this reason, with a small increase in the amount of light.

This is a much older light, so single-mode only. On and off. :)