My arc is broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doomonyou

Hello, this is my first post. Neat website. Anyway I bought an arc LED AAA flashlight a few months ago. I thought I would try a cheaper arc before buying the big one. This little light is amazing!! I use it everyday for something. The other day I went to use it and it was dead. I changed the battery and it still won't work. I see that it has a 10 year warrenty. Is there anything else to try before sending it back?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi, and welcome to CPF!

You could try to do a roll-crimp, (search for it on CPF ) but my advice would be to send it back for a replacement. Peter is a great guy to deal with, and I have no doubts this will be resolved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Homebrew

Newly Enlightened
I own several of these ARC AAA's and I at one time experienced a lot of trouble as you state until I stared cleaning the battery contact in the BOTTOM of the barrel with a pencil eraser. Make sure to get out all the rubber afterward and then put a touch of teflon grease or contact paste on it. (be smart and put it on the battery bottom before you install the battery, trust me it will get on the contact in the bottom without grief)

A touch is a VERY SMALL AMOUNT!!! The early units were not plated and when you get aluminium oxide developing on the contact it does not work because Aluminum Oxide is an insulator!

Try this and I bet you will find Peter's flashlights to be the greatest and most reliable units to have around.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
doomonyou, let me know if the problem persists. My email is [email protected]

Naturally, I would like to fix this to your satisfaction.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ] You see this is EXACTLY why I am a fan for life. I love !@#$ like this. Not to get off topic but, I was sent a padded envelope from Arc. I was a bit confused because I did not order anything from them (yet). I opened it up and found that It was one of the new Arc pouches. Merry had put a letter in the envelope explaining that it was a replacement for my other pouch. Now I had planned to send off that pouch that very day. Man I was in shock and very satisfied as a customer. That action alone has made me a fan for life. I may buy other lights from here on but I will always buy a Arc. That is a gaurentee.

Status
Not open for further replies.