Extra battery pack to power Olight...Worth it?

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Hi Guys,
Im thinking of getting the Olight SR90. Is it worth getting the extra battery pack?

Would it go bad if it sits for a loong time?

the light wont be used much. Honestly if i buy it, its because of the wow factor and to say i have a bright torch.

Also, do you guys know how many times we can re-charge the battery pack before it looses its power ( longevity) to hold 80 mins of full power??? like 500 times? before you need a new battery pack?

Thanks

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
If you dont mind spending the extra cash, then why not. I've bought an extra battery carrier for my Fenix TK40. Its filled with Eneloops and always ready to be used. But I must say. Never on any camping weekend I've even came close to having to use it. One only uses the turbo mode for the wow factor 5 minutes or so. But its your cash!

HKJ

Flashaholic
The only time I would look at an extra battery pack is if I have to use the light for a long time without possibility for recharge. Note that the light has a very good runtime on low and low is rather bright.
LiIon batteries has a limited lifetime, i.e. they may last for 500 charges, but they will be dead after 3 to 5 years, even if you do not use them. Storing the batteries at a cool place with a partial charge will stretch the lifetime.