Flashlight with threaded front ring

videoman

Enlightened
Is there a flashlight that has a threaded front that I can screw in glass photographic filters onto ? the sizes I am looking for are any of these in diameter: 49mm,52mm,55mm,58mm,62mm,67mm,72mm, or 77mm
I need to produce different color casts for a special effect homemade movie with different diffusion patterns and colors. I would need 4 of these flashlights if they exist or perhaps an added adapter that would make it possible.

CKOD

Enlightened
Maglite lenses are 52mm diameter, but thats the bare glass. If you have actual specs on the threads (OD and TPI) or could sent a filter in, some of the custom machinists could possibly make a replacement bezel made that has threads as apropriate to accept the filters.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't find the link anymore for the life of me, but there (was?) a guy in the marketplace that makes custom filter adaptors. I'd start there since it would be a lot cheaper and easier to find custom made filters and adaptors that fit your current lights.

If you have a better than B movie budget, there's a forensic kit by WolfEyes that includes 7 flashlights of different colors with filters, diffuser and colored goggles.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The easiest thing to do is simply get a flashlight with a large enough head, then you can glue a UV filter on it. This will act as an easy to use mount because camera filters are stackable.