Trying to find the make/model of a right angle tacitcal light

CKOD

Enlightened
I'm trying to find the make and model of a light that I was shown once and have since forgotten.
It was a right angle light, either 1x or 2x CR123. The "head" was about the diameter of a P60 light. It was LED based, and had quite a hotspot, brighter then my IFE2, and not super tight, probably in the 300+ lumen range. It was LED based, but I didnt recognize the LED, so something besides a luminus or cree LED. Now for the interesting part...
If had a finger loop on the back, and the switches were on top. It was laid out so that you could put a finger in the loop, still reach the switches on top, and still hold a pistol with a normal 2 handed grip without any cigar hold shens.

And the last few bits that I remember was it had a ring of 3mm LEDs around the main reflector, red, and possibly IR too.

Sound like anything anyones seen before?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. It is the Firstlight Tomahawk lights. The one you are refering to is the Tomahawk MC or NV. I have both. The MC is Green and Red 3mm leds around a white main LED. 300 is an over statement. I would say it is closer to 200 lumens. But still pretty bright.

The NV is Blue and IR leds around the main white LED. The UI for the NV and MC are NOT the same. The NV has a somewhat complex process to activate the IR leds. Quite different from the MC.

It is very similar to the SF Kroma in that it has a ring of LEDs.

If you are interested, im selling my MC. PM me.

CKOD

Enlightened
Yep, thats exactly it, damn you guys are good ;)

And sorry solscud, not looking to buy at the moment, I blew the crap out of my toy/fun budget booking a vacation for this summer, and getting stuff together for that. It just popped into my mind and I figured I'd ask before I forgot again. :D

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are interested, im selling my MC. PM me.

Hey Solscud007, It was after handling your Tomahawk that I had to get one of my own - a Blue red MC with the nifty snap belt clip and the UV tail end attachment - absolutely lovely light.

Good luck with your sale and hope all's well with you.