Post your wrapped flashlights

CKOD

Enlightened
I decided that the Rogue 2 that I ordered needed to look less like a vegetable peeler, and have some sort of anti-roll feature.

Some leather strip, and everything is good now :huh:

665fdc5b.jpg

dc042fdc.jpg

Nice and grippy, soft feel, doesn't roll. Vast improvement over stock. Pretty sure that they werent meant to be used unwrapped now :nana:

Post up any other pics of wrapped lights that you may have done :)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Great work! This gives me some ideas for ways to use up some paracord. Might even have to go get a Rogue.

Geoff

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 Great work! There was a thread shortly after the release of the Rogues discussing wraps but it was probably lost in the crash.Not sure if that thread had any material other than para-cord,leather is a nice touch! :thumbsup: The Rogues almost seem to be designed with this treatment in mind though PK makes no mention of it that I am aware.There are some very good deals on the Rogues presently and a wrap can make the light more user freindly for those who do not care for the light bare. :grin2:

paddling_man

Newly Enlightened
Looks great! Can we get a few pointers on how you wrapped it? I've got a Rogue 2 and a roll of leather lace that wants to get acquainted!

CKOD

Enlightened
+1 on what that is wrapped in? I see the spiral pattern on the overall shot. Did you glue a coarsely textured leather or fabric or vinyl strip to it?

Looks great! Can we get a few pointers on how you wrapped it? I've got a Rogue 2 and a roll of leather lace that wants to get acquainted!
Tape the ends of the leather under the "rail" across the slots, and wrap the leather around the rail, over the body, around the next rail etc, twisting it in the same direction on either side of the body, to keep the finished side of the leather up. You can start with 1, 2 or 3 strands, and the hardest part is getting started, getting it all tight. I wound up putting on ~2-3 wraps over each 'start', and then grabbing the tail of the start with a pair of pliers and pulling it tight. After wrapping each half I trimmed the tip of the free end to a point, used a needed to punch a hole though it and pull some thread though, then I used the needle to fish though from the end out somewhere of the middle of the wrap, and used the thread to pull the strand under all the other weaving and securing it.

If youre using paracord, or round leather cord, or leather with no finished side, you dont need to worry about the twisting to keep the finished side up.

e4dWh.png

ghetto mspaint cross section

Last edited:

egrep

Enlightened
I bought the rogue 2 recently after seeing it on the good buys forum here. $20 seemed too much for this light until I saw it wrapped. Then I somehow needed it immediately.

I used ~15' of 550 paracord and went over and under the potato peeler sections. Then I made a leash out of the same material. I connected a clip with a larks head knot to the leash and threaded a small Ti split ring through the endmost section of a potato peeler segment.

Todo: I perma stretched the Ti splitring getting it on. Will try again more delicately. The clip isn't Ti so I'll end up replacing that. At the same time I'll put a bead on the wrist strap section of the leash.

The wrap that other fellow used is 'self adherent elastic wrap'. That is playing a significant role in my life currently actually. My thumb is on a long road to recovery from a massive infection. The wrap is available in colors and patterns. It gets dirty quickly though... Interesting idea nonetheless...

Standing:

wrapped_rogue_standing.jpg

Prone:

wrapped_rogue_prone.jpg

And this isn't a light or a wrap, but I whipped this up last night to hang onto my new Atwood G5 Prybaby:

G5_Prybaby_leashed.jpg

Photos taken with Iphone 4 native camera app with "HDR" set on. Then a quick pass through iPhoto to enhance, vignette and export as max quality medium sized image.

Last edited:

acrosteve

Newly Enlightened
Klarus Mi X6. Heat shrink tubing applied mostly to allow comfortable holding in my teeth or mouth. Side benefit is that it is not a slippery in my hand.

I wasn't using the keychain hoop anyway - I just drop it in my front pocket.

DSCN4737.jpg

DSCN4739.jpg