help ID Police flashlight circa mid 1957

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a scan of a slide. In the picture you can see the flashlight in the guy's hand and the reflection shows a better view of it.

Any ideas what light it is?

499parks.png

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
There wasnt a market or such a thing as a "Police" flashlight in the late 50's. The first light that could be considered a Police "Duty" light was the Kel-Lite, in the late 60's/early 70's.

Most lights used pre-Kel Lite were whatever the hardware store was selling, I.E. the chromed Evereadys, military surplus, etc.

PCS

Newly Enlightened
There wasnt a market or such a thing as a "Police" flashlight in the late 50's. The first light that could be considered a Police "Duty" light was the Kel-Lite, in the late 60's/early 70's.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not trying to contradict you, but the irony is irresistible. What may have been first mass produced and marketed flashlight was first distributed to the police. Specifically the NYPD. In 1898, David Misell, the patent holder, and Conrad Hubert, owner of the American Electrical Novelty and Manufacturing Co. (soon to be called Ever Ready, now known as Energizer Holdings) distributed their new device to the police in a number of different New York precincts.

The cops found them very useful and provided Hubert with the testimonials he was looking for. There may not have been a specific "police market," but they were the marketing from pretty much day one. It's why we're here. It's why I'm broke. :)