Fake TK40? Are there many out there?

acrosteve

Newly Enlightened
I think I have decided on my next light and naturally, I am looking for the best prices.

Best thing so far is $115 shipped from an ebayer based in Brooklyn.

So you figure it is legit? I saw a post from 2009 that mentioned the possibility.

Other than that, $135 or $155

Last edited:

acrosteve

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just found that Amazon is selling them at the $115 price through Outfitter Country. So I may go that route.

Or.. Amazon also shows a listing for the same light/price from Ace Photo Digital that included 8 rechargeable AA batteries and a charger.
The picture shows a noname charger and batteries. 4 are 2900 mah and 4 are 2500 mah

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you don't already have a charger and batteries? People usually recommend Sanyo eneloop batteries, and they're great. I'm not sure whether I'd want to risk using batteries that may or may not be good.

It's also nice to have a charger that charges each battery independently of the others rather than stopping when just one is fully charged and leaving the others at lower capacity. So you might want to see if you can determine how that charger works before deciding to go that route.

Personally, I'd rather get a nicer charger and set of batteries so that I don't have to worry about them. They last a long time, and you can use them in many other devices as well. Good luck!

acrosteve

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I realize that the batteries should be the same. I already have batteries and a charger.

But for the exact same price for the light, they will throw in some no-name stuff for free. Most likely it is low quality crap, but free is free. I would not plan on using them in the light, but I have plenty of other things running on AA cells. And you never know, the charger might be almost as good as a MQN06U.:ironic:

Last edited:

välineurheilija

Enlightened
So you don't already have a charger and batteries? People usually recommend Sanyo eneloop batteries, and they're great. I'm not sure whether I'd want to risk using batteries that may or may not be good.

It's also nice to have a charger that charges each battery independently of the others rather than stopping when just one is fully charged and leaving the others at lower capacity. So you might want to see if you can determine how that charger works before deciding to go that route.

Personally, I'd rather get a nicer charger and set of batteries so that I don't have to worry about them. They last a long time, and you can use them in many other devices as well. Good luck!

I agree on the batteries i use Varta and GP brands with a Varta charger wich charges each battery independently :)

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
I believe Amazon is still selling the old style tk40(switch on tailcap) when I checked the other day. There is a newer model with the side by side switches.

I register all my fenix lights serial # with fenix to make sure its genuine. You can check it at their website.

acrosteve

Newly Enlightened
Yea, the new one is the TK41. I found that out after my post. I have changed my target to the TK41 due mostly to the new switch locations. And the output is greater with the TK41