Does anyone need a Google+ invitation?

bansuri

Enlightened
As the title says. I'm not registered on any of the sites that were giving away invites and I don't do Facebook so I can't get any from "friends".
Can any CPFers help?
Btw, google is doing this the way I had hoped Facebook would, not everyone needs the same view. Friends and family often don't mix.
Thanks.
Pm for email address.

Got one! PM me if you want one.

Edit:
It's not letting me add people right now, check with the people who asked earlier in the thread, after Samgab I wasn't able to invite any more. This may change, I'll update as my status changes.
I've added quite a few people and maybe they are limiting me?

Edit: Back on, invites sent!

Last edited:

bansuri

Enlightened
Re: Can anyone spare a Google+ invitation?

Fernabay,
If I get one I'll invite you.
Perhaps if others want some we could just go down the line, each person passing one on to the next in line?

bansuri

Enlightened

Got one!
Fernbay, PM sent.
Anyone else needs one just PM me.

bansuri

Enlightened

Norm, need your email to send it.

nbp

Flashaholic
I had to Google [Google+] to find out what it even was after seeing this thread. That's irony. :hahaha:

More social networking apparently; I don't really get the whole craze personally, but perhaps that's beyond the scope of this thread.

bansuri

Enlightened
but perhaps that's beyond the scope of this thread.
Probably, but I didn't elaborate much in the OP so here goes, don't want this to turn into a debate though or I won't be able to keep up with the requests.
You don't have to part of a craze to see that being able to keep in touch with different groups of people who use the internet is a benefit. Some folks do it with email, personally I find email to be a mess when it is a communication between more than one person.
Facebook is a nightmare for me because it didn't allow me to separate people into manageable groups. That amazed me from the beginning and I deleted my account after a few months of that madness.
Google+ allows you to make "Circles" which you put different contacts into. You can communicate information to specific Circles and not others. It's like defining a different view for a database or group permissions in server security. It's still 1 to Many, but you choose which many get the info.
So, it's not really a "craze" for me, but a simpler means of communicating with my friends or family. I've created a CPF circle that I'm putting these requests into as a test group. I can assure you there won't be mindless posts like, "OMG I CANT STAND JUSTIN BEIBER!", or "rainy day.... the sky is crying.... RIP SRV". Feel free to drop out of the group also, just trying to get used to the new platform. I'll probably post some modding videos.
My family circle will probably just be me sending cute pics of the kids and keeping in touch.
Friends will just be friends, not everyone I knew in high school.

So that's that. Let's just keep it as requests and confirmations from here on out.

And nbp, drop me a PM with your email if you want an invite. I won't tell. Might as well get in on the ground floor!

Last edited: