Do the new Eagletacs have side clickys?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
...have side clickys? Some of the upcoming Eagletac light prototypes and drawings look like there's a side clicky, but the videos don't mention it and I don't think the new pdf does either... I'm hoping and praying they do, especially for the big lights... The tail clicky is cool for the "tactical carry" position, but nobody's gonna carry those big searchlights in a tactical carry position. Surely Olight isn't the only company to think this out so well... The side clicky is such a more ergonomical location for a button on a searchlight. Its just where your thumb is when you carry a big light. C'mon Eagletac give us the side clicky!!! Anybody know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Some new Eagletac's will have a forward clicky. Other will have a rear (tail) clicky.

Forward clicky is a term used to describe the action of the button (as opposed to "reverse clicky"), not the location of the button. Buttons near the head (on the side of the body) are commonly referred to as "side clicky", which is the base of my question. Will some of the new Eagletacs have side clickys?

kj2

Flashaholic
Forward clicky is a term used to describe the action of the button (as opposed to "reverse clicky"), not the location of the button. Buttons near the head (on the side of the body) are commonly referred to as "side clicky", which is the base of my question. Will some of the new Eagletacs have side clickys?
I'm just saying, what Eagletac says in there PDF file.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
I'm just saying, what Eagletac says in there PDF file.

Then their literature is not clear, using the term in a confusing manner... I wish Eagletac would chime in and clarify this.. ?

kj2

Flashaholic
Then their literature is not clear, using the term in a confusing manner... I wish Eagletac would chime in and clarify this.. ?
well, looking at the pics in that PDF. You have lights with a clicky on the back, and lights with a clicky at the front- more like the button on a Fenix TK21

Chrisdm

Enlightened
well, looking at the pics in that PDF. You have lights with a clicky on the back, and lights with a clicky at the front- more like the button on a Fenix TK21

Yes, we can hope, and hope they don't fail to implement it as bad as the TK21 was done. Its my understanding on that light that you have to use the rear switch to turn it on, the side switch to change modes, and the rear switch again to turn it off? If I understand that correctly, that's awful. Either you carry with a traditional grip, where you want the side button to operate the light, or you use a tactical grip where you want a tail button to operate the light. Makes you wonder if the people that design some of these lights actually use them in the field?

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The advantage of the TK21 UI is that it has 4 levels with mode memory and you don't have to click, click, click to turn the thing off. I don't find it to be a problem.

I do like front switches on larger lights, and hope ET makes some models with them.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do any of you remember last years "Eagletacs Shot Show" thread from the Marketplace that also had some interesting models particularly the "PC" series, the PC series showed a lot of interest from members in the thread and I was very interested as well but it never came to be, whatever happened to the PC series?

IIRC the only thing I've seen come to fruition from that catalog was the PN series and some drop-in models, I'm very interested in anything Eagletac does but this time I'm not going to put much thought into it until it is officially launched.