Fenix LD40 yellowish hue.

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
I notice my LD40(XP-G R4) has a incandescent like yellow hue to the light vs my TK41(XM-L) & TK11(XP-G R5) that have a more LED like whiteness.

Is that the more nuetral white color they refer too?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I notice the same thing with my newly acquired LD25. Compared to my pale white tints the LD25 is yellow/amber, with no pale blue.
LD25 - Quark AA tactical
dscn6684.jpg

It has less pink than my 5A tint drop in which uses an XRE.
Much less amber than my SF-G2 incan. Compared to the natural sunlight where I live incans are excessively amber/orange. I also find many of the warm XPG tints (chosen to replicate incan tint) have WAY to much red-pink.

LD25 - SF-G2 incan - 5A tint dropin
dscn6687f.jpg

I was comparing the LD25 tint to ~11:00 AM sunlight, shining the light on the ground and its hot spot tint is very close to that.

Its a good tint IMHO.. Its the closest replication to natural sunlight in my collection, I guess this is what Fenix refers to as Neutral.

Last edited:

low

Enlightened
Is that the more nuetral white color they refer too?

I checked mine against the Zebralight H51w (nuetral color) and the LD40 is whiter by a fair margin. No yellow to it at all, in fact it is very white.

Low

Richub

Enlightened
Yup, that's the color of neutral white LEDs.
Some people like the original cool white light in LEDs, others prefer the 'yellowish' neutral white.

So a lot of manufactorers put neutral white LEDs in their flaslights to give us a choice.
I personally like cool white colors the best.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Technically "Cool white" is pale blueish, "Neutral" is suppose to be pure white and "Warm white" is yellowish.