New to this

Gfercaks33

Newly Enlightened
Hi I'm Daniel and I'm new to this flash light stuff, I got a set of 3 aa mag lite led flash lights, now I'm looking for a bigger one for my truck an other stuff so what's better the 2 d or 3 d and should I get the led one or upgrade an incandescent one, also any good mods for the new big one and old small one?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Daniel. If you don't mind ordering online I'm going to suggest you do some research here and at some of the the dealer sites (4Sevens, Going Gear, Battery Junction, etc.) for a light that goes a few steps beyond Maglites. Unless you really want a big D cell light there are plenty 1 or 2 AA models out there that will outperform stock Mags. Upgrading is certainly an option, but there is some great stuff out there in the $30- $60 range that will fit in a pocket. Good luck in your quest.

Geoff

Gfercaks33

Newly Enlightened
Couple reasons for the mag lite is the price right now, and I'm wanting something kinda like a beginner one tht I can just go and get one at the store, also this will be wedged udder the seat of my truck for the most part so I want to be able to fond it fast if I need it. I saw some cool stuff like the excape cap for it and the bezel made by them. Also buying and selling stuff on craigslist the have been a few times where I would have felt safer to have some thing heavy near by hence looking at d cell batteries. I will own a better fancier one like a sure fire someday but for now if I buy a cheap mag lite and mess it up in the modding process I won't be upset, and it will be good practice before I do work on an expensive light

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Before you start spending, spend some time browsing through the CPF forum. There's a world of knowledge here and you'll have fun even long before it's dark.

Gfercaks33

Newly Enlightened
well i kinda jumped the gun, i was at home depot and had a 10 percent off thingy and an old gift card. i got a combo pack that had a new style led 3d ( with out the spare bulb in the cap) and a 2 aa mini mag and anti roll/ shock guard and spare lenses and holster. it was 29 but only paid 10 out of pocket so i am fairly happy with the purchase. so any fun mods to it?

i was looking at an eds escape cap and new bezel for it to start

tycan

Newly Enlightened
i am a new bird ,my first one is e1b, and the second is c2l (kx4head), suggest you~