Stop the presses! SixCats! orders his first new Flashlight!

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

First, let me say THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to all my threads with so many excellent suggestions, information/help. OK, after much research, my FIRST Flashlight purchase is going to be a BUDGET model. I truly believe I made a well informed purchase, especially considering the cost. I just ordered a STREAMLIGHT PROTAC Tactical model (88033) 2AA Flashlight which has many good reviews. I figure at a cost of thirty five dollars (INcluding shipping) I can't go too wrong. I have little doubt this will be the first of several Flashlight purchases. Thanks again all.

Regards,
SixCats!

luceat lux vestra

Enlightened
I know the feeling being a somewhat newbie to tactical flashlights.............. my newest always seems like my first!!
Partly because my collection is rather diminutive compared to others

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations! Enjoy your new light, and let us know what you think of it after you play with it!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking that such an occasion would mean the end of new threads at the rate of 6 cats with 6 balls of wool.

Maybe you'll order a second before the first one even arrives like a true flashaholic.

Enjoy!

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

LOL, Standard, you've got me pegged Bro! Tis' true, I'm already researching and searching (and have been for some time) the best "AAA" Flashlight I can buy for the money. Again, the STREAMLIGHT MICROSTREAM appears to be a no Brainer for the cost. I however like other "AAA" models such as MARATAC AAA SS. Thanks blah9, luceat and sappyg for the well wishes. I feel like a kid at Christmas time. I got to tell ya'll, I was REALLY close to pulling the trigger on either a Zebralight SC51 or HDS Systems T-120. Perhaps later. After much research, I felt the STREAMLIGHT at thirty five dollars (including/FREE shipping) was just too good a deal to pass on. I'll keep ya'll posted when I receive the light.

Regards,
SixCats!

Deal4

Enlightened
Would love to hear your thought, pros and cons and all when you get it and have some time to play with it. I almost bought a Streamlight a while back but wasn't sure it was what I wanted. So I'd love to hear your thoughts!

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the purchase, SixCats! Helluva good light for 35 bucks including shipping.

Streamlight is my favorite maker overall because of their huge variety of lights and innovative, unique designs. Their products - including their lower price stuff - are generally well make and will last a long time in my experience.

Get yourself a SL MicroStream too! You'll love it for EDC and it can't be beat for the money. My favorite 1AAA EDC light.

(Maratac and ITP 1AAA are also very good for what they cost.)

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Deal4, I will for sure to let you know my impressions as soon as the ProTac arrives. Schuey, no doubt about it, this will NOT be my last light lol. Hi Ringzero, thanks for the congrats. I truly don't think I could of done any better on a TWO cell "AA" for the money. Yes indeed, I DO plan to buy the MicroStream "AAA's". I dig the small size, the tail clicky and the simple-straight forward operation. However, I must confess, I'm really impressed with the Maratac "AAA" SS. I have a feeling I will be ordering the Maratac "AAA" SS very soon. Also, I have little doubt that I will own Flashlights for the most popular Batteries types i.e. "AAA", "AA" & "CR123's". Should I be impressed with the STREAMLIGHT PT two cell "AA", I will seriously consider a ONE cell SL PT in CR123. Oooh dear, I got it bad!

Regards,
SixCats!

robostudent5000

Enlightened
i'm curious what made you get the Streamlight Protac versus other similarly priced 2xAA lights you got several recommendations for like the Fenix E21 and Jetbeam BA20.

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi Robo,

Ah, a fair question. I guess I would have to say the following STREAMLIGHT info as well as nearly one hundred four & five Star reviews (as well as sale price) tipped the scales for me. Streamlight has been making Flashlight for professional use for a long time so I figure they must be doing something right. Of course I'll keep you posted when I receive my Flashlight.

Thanks Robo for the "heads up".

Regards,
SixCats!

Last edited:

robostudent5000

Enlightened
Sixcats, you should edit your post. advertising isn't allowed on CPF, and pasting Streamlight's marketing copy like that could easily be considered advertising. you probably should've just provided a link.

Napalm

Enlightened
I'm actually somehow disappointed, seeing how many threads you started about it I was definitely expecting that you order a custom Surefire in massive gold. Or bid on Saddam's gold Ak-47 mounted one.

Nap. :D

P.S. For the collectors: rumors has it that Gaddafi has a platinum one.

Last edited:

Deal4

Enlightened
Hi SixCats! :)
Don't let anyone give you a hard time for whatever light you buy. When it's all said and done you are the one who is buying the light and only you have to like it! That's what CPF is all about: Helping people get what they are looking for.
(though it is true that it's fun to give other a hard time! :devil:)

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi Deal4,

Nawww, no problem at all. As I said, I wanted to "test the waters" with the budget STREAMLIGHT as it appears to be a good buy and a well received light. The PROTAC should arrive any day now! I also plan to buy a ONE cell "AAA", a ONE cell AA as well as a ONE cell CR123 sometime in the future. However, arrrrrr, I now have my eye on a SPYDERCO PARAMILITARY 2. It never ends!

Regards,
SixCats!