Which Two Modes Do You Have Your Quark Tactical Set To?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
1AA-XPG-R5
Loosen for candle
Tighten for hi

I reserve the MAX mode for When I need that little push over the cliff I turn it to eleven.... One louder.

Itching to go 14500, 225 OTF from something the size of my ring finger.

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Nightstand AA^2: Moonlight --> Turbo

Trauma Kit AA^2: Low --> High

Wife's Nightstand AA: Low --> Turbo

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Level 3 and Turbo. Quark 2x123 with 17670 runs about 30 hours on a full battery on level 3.

Last edited:

AusKipper

Enlightened
Quark Turbo 123, use is EDC

Tighten = Turbo
Loosen = Strobe

I figure if I need to use a lower mode, i'll have time to reprogram (not that big of a deal, takes 5 seconds..), but if I need either of those two I may need it urgently.

I use Turbo 99.9% of the time anyway (use rechargables so I have guilt free lumens :) ), and strobe when i'm crossing a road at night in traffic and someone is approaching too fast, or on my bike in a fenix holder.

If i'm going for a walk at night i'll typically grab another (larger) light and use it, but if not i'll re-program loose to about medium and use that.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
123^2 Turbo X (450lm who wouldn't) and low. Moonlight is nice for not disturbing people but I find it to low for most stuff.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark Ti 123x2 is LOOSE= moonlight TIGHT= medium

Quark Turbo 123x2(mounted on a Mossberg 500) is LOOSE= strobe TIGHT= max

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reading light/candles/middle of the night lights (AA^2s with flush switches).. Tight=medium Loose=moonlight
123 tactical (backup EDC) and AA tactical (girlfriends EDC in her purse)........ Tight=high Loose=low
They change occasionally depending on what I'm doing during that particular day, but they go back to that eventually.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

No thanks... I have heard from several experienced DIY builders that under-driving the XML severely shifts the color tint, usually towards the green spectrum. I still use my lights at the lower output modes more than the highest settings. For my needs, a moderately driven XP-G (with stable color tint) is preferable.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loose=Medium
Tight=Max

For a Quark AA Tactical on 14500. Same for my AA2 NW R4. Sometimes I reprogram to low/high instead though.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was medium/turbo. But I found the interface too limiting, particularly how long it took to re-program. If it was faster to reprogram, I probably would have just replaced my recently-lost quark tactical with another; instead, I switched to a Sunwayman V10R, which gives me the things I want (forward clicky, ability to guarantee I start on hi) but more flexibility to moving to lower modes when needed

mrlysle

Enlightened
Quark 123x2 Turbo, S3 Ti edition. Loose= moonlight, tight=turbo. And yea, like Sparky's Magic, my S3 looks like one of the Incredible Hulks' eyes on moonlight! :sick2: