Quark 123 turbo x

jeffr5

Newly Enlightened
i did a search i see alot of you guys and gals have this light. what do you think of it, im strongly considering this light for my edc.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I havent used one but others here seem to enjoy theirs. I myself think a 1 cell light makes a much better EDC but you are free to choose what you want. If you like quarks their single cell CR123 lights have gotten good reviews around here.

jeffr5

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the reply im a tow truck operator so its usually on my belt

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the reply im a tow truck operator so its usually on my belt

Is the Quark 123 turbo at the max of your budget? Not saying it's a bad choice, but with a budget in mind there are other possibilties out there to consider. Since you are a tow truck operator and the lights going to be on your belt I agree then that a 2 cell would be the better choice in that scenerio.

MatNeh

Newly Enlightened
It's a great flashlight with really good throw. Most other compact XM-L lights coming out these days are too floody, but the TurboX reflector was designed to focus the large XM-L die into a smaller hotspot.

jeffr5

Newly Enlightened
ya i dont think id wanna pay more than a $100. i was looking at streamlights but obviously changed my mind. streamlights sell for $50-100 more in Canada then they do in the US

jeffr5

Newly Enlightened
ya i prematurely replied, i read that after i cant seem to find a price, i like the u2 special edition 468 lumens 214m throw

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
I like mine quite a bit. As others have said it has great throw bit I also like that it has decent spill as well. It has a tactical ui so you need to consider how a tactical ui will serve you either good or bad. I did find the included holster pretty disappointing though. If you like the tactical ui I recommend it it but I suggest you find a better holster.

bigguy02

Newly Enlightened
I am also intrested in the Turbo X or something compariable. I work in a jail, currently I use a Maglite XL100, and want something to complment it for throw and for when I need to get some attention.