• T20C2

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Scorpion V2

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoBeacon

Enlightened
These lights are all very close in output. I know the fenix is 100 lumens more than the other two. I didn't expect the 100 lumen difference to be so visible. Is this because of the size of the reflector? I'm looking for bang for buck around 800 lumen for around 100 bucks and prefferably 18650 batteries. Any info or recomendations about theese lights would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I love modes and options the more the better!

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 x 18650 vs. 2 x 18650 is quite different, I guess.
I think I'll go for TN scorpion V2, though I heard some water resistance issue I heard of it.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I wonder if they're all ANSI lumens.

My TK35 is bright as heck, but I don't like the fact that there appears to be condensation on the lens and reflector and everything is epoxied so that it can't be opened.

I can't comment on the other 2 since I don't have them.

js82

Newly Enlightened
1 x 18650 vs. 2 x 18650 is quite different, I guess.
I think I'll go for TN scorpion V2, though I heard some water resistance issue I heard of it.

Would you mind elaborating on the water resistance issue? Isn't it supposedly rated IPX8?

Last edited:

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened
I voted with my wallet. I just purchased the v2 scorpion-neutral. Just waiting for the slow boat from china:popcorn:

mrlysle

Enlightened
I have the T20C2 MKll, and really like the versatility afforded with all the interchangeable modules available for it. The newer HO xm-l module is fabulous, the xr-e is a great thrower, and the neutral puts out beautiful light. The ET comes with a lot of very useful accessories also. Good luck in your search!

Jeff

Lighteous

Enlightened
I have the T20C2 MKll, and really like the versatility afforded with all the interchangeable modules available for it. The newer HO xm-l module is fabulous, the xr-e is a great thrower, and the neutral puts out beautiful light. The ET comes with a lot of very useful accessories also. Good luck in your search!

Jeff

+1 for the ET T20C2 MKII for all the reasons you stated. I have all of the modules that are available (including both XM-L versions). I really like the versatility of this light and it is solidly built.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
I wonder if they're all ANSI lumens.

My TK35 is bright as heck, but I don't like the fact that there appears to be condensation on the lens and reflector and everything is epoxied so that it can't be opened.

I can't comment on the other 2 since I don't have them.

Can't you send it back RMA?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Can't you send it back RMA?

No, because I tried to open it with some circumclip pliers and whilst failing to open it, I marked the Al on the module inside the head. I wouldn't even try to send it back after that. :(

The condensation doesn't seem to adversely affect the output or the beam in anycase. It just makes me more likely to use the light and not worry about the appearance too much, which probably isn't a bad thing!

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Agree, the EagleTac XM-L modules are amazing, both for output and beam quality. Good useful wide baem, and in my one at least, perfect tint.

The only drawback is that it doesn't have a proper low ('low' is about about 9 Lumens I think), and it doesn't remember the lowest level (reverts to General when you switch it off from low).

For those reasons, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a Scorpion V2.