Pic of this E2E plastic washer?

alphamaniv

Newly Enlightened
Can some one post a pic of this and its location? I have checked my E2E and don't see one, but my o-ring doesn't "squish" out either. Thanks fellows, sorry for being a dufuss

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
aphamaniv,

Sorry about not being so responsive but I don't have a way to post pics.

I have a couple of the washers so maybe I can help. I don't believe any of the EXe come with the washer because it's something you have to request from SF.

Physically, it's just big enough to fit snugly over the bezel threads. It's also paper thin and black in color.

To put it on, remove the bezel, carefully take the o-ring off, slip on the washer and then reassemble.

On a side note, the washer fits and works well with my E1e + KL1 but doesn't allow the light to function when used on my E2e! Strange.

Since your ring doesn't squish you might not need the washer, although the clip slot is a vulnerability. Having a tactical SF washer takes care of the problem.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took a look at mine and it does not have a washer. Where did you hear about a washer?

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was another thread somewhere about it where Paul Kim posted the part number for the washer (nylon) to keep the oring from squeezing out where the clip attaches

The part number is 14872-1
call SF and get yours today I don't think they are charging for them... I told them that the clip cut out was chewing on my oring (it was)

nihraguk

Enlightened
dana:

a while ago someone posted something about the o ring squeezing out into the slot, so PK informed him that there was a washer available to remedy the problem, that supposedly comes with all new surefires.

you can request it from surefire, and they'll send it to you free. however, i recall PK mentioning that the washer would not work with older engineering revision E2es.

if only they had a remedy for their leaking M2 bezels too
frown.gif

alphamaniv

Newly Enlightened
Thaks guys! I'll try to contact Surefire for one. My o-ring is not really bulging but it is getting roughed up right by the clip. I guess I have an older one, but I haven't even had it a year.