Want to upgrade my Ikelite PCm

Defofthecrown

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I have been trying to find information on using a drop in LED to upgrade a 4 AA dive light from an incandecent PR base to a LED. I found a bunch of info on every drop in ever produced. The problem being I need some even more rudimentary info. I believe an AA is equivalent in voltage to a C or D, and just would have a shorter burn time. I also believe that a 'cell' is any battery and the number of batteries simply increase the voltage.

I believe my best option in the terralux tle 6EX. Can someone let me know if I going about this the right way? Also does anyone have any experience with this LED fitting in this light?

I own a Ikelite PCa 2nd gen led, so I know I could just buy the light in that configuration, but $15 sounds better than $70 to me if it would give similar results.

Thanks for your time.

havnmonkey

Newly Enlightened
If you absolutely want to hang on to your Ike PCM... then one of these may fit, I'm not sure of the size specs of the PCM... But I'm sure BLomquist would be able to give you an answer if you emailed him (he can be found on Scubaboard).

Otherwise, I'd suggest buying a new light. Piranha Penetrator (Dorcy clone) is very well priced and gets excellent reviews for a small light.

Defofthecrown

Newly Enlightened
Thanks you for the input. I looked at that ebay item, and it would not fit my exisiting light. Is there an option to upgrade the existing light, or it it not even worth the $15?? Would hate to waste a functioning item if it could be improved.